Sweet Sugar Cookie Bites combine all of the flavour of a cut out cookie in a bite sized package! These are perfect for sharing at a birthday or classroom party. They also make for an ideal afternoon snack. They are just the right size for small hands, or having a little nibble that won’t ruin your dinner!
How to make Sweet Sugar Cookie Bites
Buttery, sweet and pretty, these sugar cookie bites are one of our favourite sweets. They are so much easier to make than cut out cookies but have all of the flavour you crave from a sugar cookie.
I used pink and purple food colouring for my frosting, but you can customize these to match your favourite colors. Top with sprinkles, jimmies or even miniature candies to complete the look and watch these sugar cookie bites disappear before your eyes!
- 2 cups butter, softened 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 6 cups flour buttercream frosting
- food coloring
- Cream the butter and sugar together just until smooth.
- Next add vanilla and eggs, Mix completely.
- Add baking powder and flour. Mixed until uniform.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to about 3/8′′ thick.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into 1”x1” squares.
- On a greased baking sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until edges turn light brown.
- Allow cookies to cool before decorating.
- Add desired food coloring to buttercream frosting.
- Decorate cookies using frosting and sprinkles of your choice.