Have you ever had chunky monkey brownies? With banana and chocolate, these chunky monkey brownies are moist sweet treats that everyone will love.
If you love traditional brownies, but sometimes find that the chocolate in them can be overwhelming and too much chocolate, these brownies will be perfect. While these brownies are rich, the vanilla base of the brownie, combined with the banana makes these a better choice for anyone who loves a rich dessert that isn’t as chocolate as a traditional brownie.
What is Chunky Monkey?
Chunky Monkey flavours are based on Ben and Jerry ice cream that has banana and chocolate. This flavour combination is always a favourite and once it made its way to ice cream, it has become a world-famous choice. While these brownies are not made with ice cream, the chunky monkey flavours of banana and chocolate are ideal in this brownie, also called a blondie.
How to Store Chunky Monkey Brownies
Chunky Monkey Brownies will stay fresh for up to 5 days. You can store the brownies on the counter in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic. If the brownies start to get hard, you can heat it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds, depending on the strength of the microwave. This will soften the brownie and melt the chocolate creating a fresh from the oven taste.
Can I Freeze Chunky Monkey Brownies?
After a few days, if the brownies are not finished, you can freeze them. Be sure to wrap the brownies in plastic and store in a freezer bag. The brownies will stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to make Chunky Monkey Brownies
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 1/2 Cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup mashed banana’s
- 2 1/2 Cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, eggs, brown sugar, sugar, salt, and vanilla until combined and smooth
- Gradually beat in the flour and mashed banana until combined
- Fold in 2 C of chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into the baking dish
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips onto the top of the brownies
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the centre clean
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars