AD | Affiliate Links
Pretzel turtles look great, they taste incredible and are so easy to make you will be creating them time and time again. Here is everything that you need and the method to help you create the butterfly pretzel turtles treats.
Are you one of those people who doesn’t like spending too long in the kitchen? Perhaps you love the idea of creating cute snacks for your little ones, or delectable little delights for guests who come to your home, but just don’t know where to start? You are not alone! Not all of us have the creative imagination to think of ingredients that will create good looking food and snacks can often be a little boring if you don’t think outside of the box.
Whether you have friends coming round, or are organising a children’s party or get together, having some fun snacks that you know you can create quickly, taste amazing, and look the part is something you will want in the back of your mind. Then look no further than these pretzel turtles. Pretzels are very tasty, and combining the slightly savoury taste with chocolate and caramel is a game-changer. The pretzel turtles look great, they taste incredible and are so easy to make you will be creating them time and time again. So without further ado, here is everything that you need and the method to help you create the pretzel turtles.
How to make Pretzel Turtles
What you will need
- 35 (approximately) small pretzel twists
- 35 (approximately) pecan halves, lightly toasted and salted
- 1 (8 ounces) package Rolo Unwrapped Caramel Candies
- Coloured candy melts, optional (pictured: yellow and bright pink)
- Seasonal sprinkles or icing decorations, optional (pictured: Chocomaker Butterfly Candy Cut Outs)
Makes approximately 35 pretzel turtles
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place pretzels in a single layer on a baking sheet. On top of each pretzel, place a Rolo candy.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until candies are soft but not melted. Remove from oven.
- Immediately press one pecan half down on top of each Rolo candy, pressing the candy through the pretzel. Allow pretzel turtles to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- After cooling, remove pretzel turtles to a wire rack.
- Melt candy coating in individual bowls according to package directions. One colour at a time, drizzle candy coating over pretzel turtles. Immediately add sprinkles or icing decorations.
- Allow to set before storing. To speed the setting process, place turtle pretzels in the refrigerator.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Frequently asked questions
Can these be made ahead of time?
Yes! As you need to cool these in the fridge, you can make them ahead of time. It is recommended to do that no more than a few days, just so they are at their best.
How do you store the pretzel turtles?
When you don’t need them it is a good idea to store the pretzel turtles in an airtight container at room temperature. This avoids the chocolate melting but makes them easy to eat and enjoy.
Extra notes and tips
- Always make sure you use parchment paper, as they can stick to the baking sheet which makes a bit of a mess.
- Make sure that they have set completely before you store them. This avoids them sticking together.
So there you have it, how to make butterfly pretzel turtles. Whether you want to impress your friends or you just want a delicious snack to hand, these are very moreish. Be warned, you might not be able to stop with just the one of these tasty treats. I hope you have enjoyed this quick and simple way to make pretzels that little bit more exciting. Don’t forget to check out the website for more delicious recipes.