This is a partnership article
Spring is almost here. Who else has spring fever? I can not wait for the flowers to bloom and the trees to get their leaves. What better way to celebrate the arrival of spring than to host a children’s garden party.
Children always get excited about a party. Planning a garden party is a great way to get the kids outside, enjoying fresh air and having fun. Planning a garden party is much easier than planning a party indoors because, since it is outside, the possibilities are endless.
Planning a garden party
Since spring can be fickle, one minute it is a bright sun, the next it is rain clouds and everything in between, it is best to be prepared. It is a good idea to get party tents for the ultimate children’s garden party. This way, you are prepared whether you need shade or protection from sprinkles, or you just want a nice spot to sit.
One of the things you can arrange for kids to do during a garden party is to make crafts.
- Have the kids create daffodils. This is an easy craft making paper flowers.
- Kids can make caterpillar puppets. Then they can run around the garden pretending to eat the leaves.
- Since spring comes in like a lion and out like a lamb, kids will love to have pinwheels to play with.
- Have kids paint small flower pots and plant seeds. They can enjoy watching the plants grow to plant in their own garden.
Create garden inspired snacks. These snacks are simple to make and kids will love the garden theme.
- Use grapes on a skewer to make caterpillars. You can use small dots of chocolate for the eyes.
- Create ants on a log. This is a simple snack of peanut butter on celery with raisins on top. If you are concerned about food allergies with the peanut butter, you can use other nut butter or sunflower butter.
- These flowers are adorable and would make a cute garden party snack.
In addition to the garden inspired snacks and crafts, you can find garden games to play.
- Pin leaves on the flower
- Jump from large stone paver to the next, to avoid the water.
- Run through a sprinkler. Depending on the weather, kids might love running under the sprinkler.
I hope these tips help you to have a fun garden party. It is best to be prepared for any kind of weather.