I joked with Mr Boo when we moved in together that all I could make was cakes and biscuits. Of course he thought I was joking, however it soon became apparent that I was not joking. Over the years I would like to think that I have improved slowly but I’d still rather bake a cake than make a roast dinner. So when I was offered the chance to do some more baking with the Britmums Anchor Rewards challenge I could hardly say no.
Anchor have a new rewards scheme running where you can enter codes from special packs and exchange points for a range of beautiful kitchenware. Personally I’m saving for the butter dish, my granny always had butter in a butter dish so I must get one.
In my Anchor package I received cupcake cases and a cake tin, along with some vouchers to get some Anchor butter, cream and spray cream.
Something that always goes quickly in my house is yummy cupcakes, after all they are so simple and quick to make, can be decorated in many different ways.
100g/4oz Self Raising Flour
100g/4oz Caster Sugar
100g/4oz Soft Margarine
2 Medium Eggs
- Light oven – Gas 4/180 degrees
- Place bun cases in bun tray.
- Cream margarine and sugar until soft. Add beaten eggs.
- Fold in the sieved flour. Add 1 tablespoon of milk or warm water if necessary to make a soft dropping consistency.
- Divide between bun cases using a teaspoon.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until firm and golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
Once cooled they can be decorated how you wish, however they don’t last long enough in my house to get decorated.