With the milder weather on its way we can finally wave goodbye to those winter germs. However with the milder weather a new problem can be headed your way if you are one of the many people how suffer from hayfever.
‘Hay fever is characterised by symptoms such as itchy and/or watery eyes, a blocked or runny nose, sneezing, coughing and also wheezing. These are caused by the body’s allergic reaction to various pollen’s in the environment. These tiny particles are breathed into the nose where an immune reaction is triggered. Histamine is released and irritates the upper respiratory passages causing hay fever symptoms to take hold.’
Stérimar® are 100% natural, anti-histamine-free, steroid-free, and have no preservatives or additives. They are made from the cleanest sea-water from the French coast of Brittany and are tested to ensure purity. Minerals and trace elements like those found in sea-water are extremely important to maintain the body’s internal equilibrium, and Stérimar® works with the physiology of the nose to keep its defences in tip top condition.
Did you know…
Here are some handy hay fever facts so you can prepare yourself better before the season starts:
- Grass pollen affects 95% of people with hay fever in the UK
- Hay fever sufferers are three times more likely to develop asthma than non-sufferers
- Pollen is released early in the morning and descends in the evening as the air cools
- The pollen season travels northward at about five degrees longitude per week
- Food allergies can also be caused by birth pollen that is present in foods such as raw apple, raw tomato, hazelnut and aniseed spices