AD | Partnership
If you are looking to visit the highlands, then finding the best level of accommodation for your family can be an important factor. This article focuses on the Waterfall Lodge, Loch Tay Highland Lodges in Perthshire, lying in one of the most beautiful areas of Scotland.
Surrounded by mountains, lochs and Loch Tay Highland Lodges in Perthshire lie in one of the most breathtakingly beautiful areas of Scotland. The site features a range of the best lodges and glamping pods no matter what type of accommodation you are looking for.
Where to find Waterfall Lodge
The Waterfall Lodge is located on the Loch Tay Highland Lodges & Glamping Park on the shores of Loch Tay and is one of the 3-bedroom with private hot tubs and a private sauna. The wooden lodge itself is found just past the Dome Village and is one of the higher-situated lodges next to the waterfall and gorge that runs along one side of the site.
Address: Loch Tay Highland Lodges & Glamping Park, Milton Morenish Estate, Killin, Scotland FK21 8TY
What to expect from the Waterfall Lodge Loch Tay
The Waterfall Lodge caters for larger groups as it is able to accommodate up to 6 guests. It is available for a short break of 3 or 4-night stays as well as a full weeks stays. There is a space the size of individual parking space available next to the lodge, with further parking available by the main reception or outside The Boathouse restaurant if you are travelling in more than one vehicle.
Open Plan Living Area
The Waterfall Lodge interior is essentially split into two main areas, the open plan living area comprising of a lounge, dining area and kitchen. An internal door leads to the other side of the lodge focusing on the bedrooms and bathroom areas. The vaulted ceiling within the open-plan living area of the Waterfall Lodge really helps to make it feel light, bright and open. Whilst the UK weather doesn’t always play ball especially if you are visiting in the cooler months, you’ll be thankful for the wood-burning stove.
The main lounge comprises a full-size sofa and two armchairs providing ample space for everyone to be able to sit down and spend time together. Furnished with side tables and lamps to make the space feel like a home away from home. A soft rug and coffee table complete the look, tying in with a similar design to the dining table bringing the open space together. Entertainment has been catered for with a wall-mounted flat screen TV, DVD player and CD player and speaker system. Large sliding patio doors provide you with easy access to the wraparound deck and outdoor areas, as well as providing spectacular views of Loch Tay
The fully equipped kitchen is a great size and the perfect place to be able to prepare family meals and snacks during your stay. The kitchen includes built-in appliances including a slimline dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, oven and separate hob and a large fridge and separate freezer compartment. Alongside the crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils for up to six people. A cleaning pack is included which contains both dishwasher and washing tablets, rubbish sacks and cleaning cloths enabling you to clean as you go and not have to worry about bringing these items with you.
A large dining table and six chairs are the main focus of the dining area. Located adjacent to the breakfast bar in the kitchen. Providing ample space for a family to enjoy meals together, as well as an area to play board games and activities.
Bedroom and Bathroom Area
Stepping through the internal door separating the open plan living area with the bedroom and bathroom area you are welcomed into a quieter, slightly darker and calmer area to help promote a good night’s sleep.
Bedroom 1: Double bedroom & en-suite shower room
Located toward the rear of the lodge is the main double bedroom for the holiday accommodation with a window overlooking the decking across to the waterfall and cascade pool. The room comprises of a full-size double bed, bedside tables, a built-in wardrobe and a small wall-mounted flat screen TV. A door leads through to the adjoining en-suite shower room, a fully-tiled space with a toilet, vanity basin and light-up mirror and shower unit.
Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom
Adjacent to the main bedroom at the rear of the lodge is the first of two twin bedrooms. Comprising of a single wardrobe, bedside table, chest of drawers and two full-size single beds.
Bedroom 3: Twin bedroom
Opposite the main bathroom is the second of the twin bedrooms, however, unlike other 3-bed holiday properties this bedroom is just as generous in size as the other twin bedroom. Comprising of a small wardrobe and drawer unit, bedside table, large mirror and two full-size single beds.
A fully tiled modern large bathroom is available off the main corridor, complete with a toilet, basin and light-up mirror, full-size bath with an overhead shower.
Outdoor Living Space
The Waterfall Lodge is a higher grade accommodation available on the site and as such they have given just as much thought to the outdoor living space as the interior. One thing to note is that the site operates a quiet time between 10pm-8am so be mindful of the behaviour of all members of your party.
A wraparound deck allows you to step out from the living area via sliding patio doors. Complete with a pair of Adirondack chairs to sit and enjoy the views over Loch Tay and the sounds from the waterfall and cascade pool.
Outdoor dining area
A metal table and chairs are available on a step-out area on the decking to allow for alfresco dining. Providing you an opportunity to enjoy the view over the waterfall which gives the lodge its name, as well as enjoy seeking out red squirrels, red deer and other animals within the woodland nearby.
Located to the rear of the lodge and decking is a full-size private hot tub. Enjoying the hot tub gives you great views over the waterfall and surrounding area. All the relevant information on how to use the hot tub is included within your welcome pack and it is worth checking that you are able to use it on your first evening as some are not available until your first morning.
A bonus to the Waterfall Lodge is a private sauna, situated adjacent to the hot tub the wooden sauna can be enjoyed as part of your stay in the lodge. Full details on how to operate the sauna are also included in the welcome pack folder.
Facilities available at the Loch Tay Highland Lodges site
- Main Reception – As well as being the centre contact point in the event of any concerns or questions relating to your stay. It also houses a small convenience store with everyday essentials and treats. They can also provide information on local amenities and highland walks on nearby Ben Lawers.
- The Boathouse Kitchen & Bar – The waterside restaurant offer both Loch Tay Highland Lodges guests and non-guests the opportunity to enjoy a meal, grab a light bite or enjoy a drink. A choice of indoor dining tables and outdoor picnic table available with views of Loch Tay
- In Your Element Outdoor Experiences – Staying by the spectacular Loch Tay it is only right that you may be looking to make the most of the water. In Your Element offers a range of water sports, activities and experiences that you can book including paddleboarding, kayaking, gorge walking and boat hire.
- Fire Pit & BBQ Area – A fully-covered fire pit area is a sociable spot to relax and chat. There is also a separate area where guests may hold their own firepit session or group BBQ – the bench area can cater for up to 20-30 people.
- Children’s Play Area – Located opposite the main reception area is a wooden children’s play area, including swings, slides and climbing frames set on a wood chip and bark base to make it safe for the young ones.
Booking a holiday to the Killin highland lodges at Loch Tay
The Loch Tay Highland Lodges & Glamping Park availability and additional information can be found on the Largo Leisure Holidays website. As with any holiday booking it is worth ensuring that you have adequate travel insurance for the lead booker and members of the group.
Other Largo Leisure Parks
- Letham Feus Holiday Park – Set close to the pretty village of Lundin Links, guests staying with us can enjoy two world-class golf courses, sandy beaches, historic towns and an untamed, craggy coastline.
- Braidhaugh Holiday Park – The holiday park in Crieff is an ideal base for families and couples, great for adventurers who are seeking exhilaration as well as those in need of some time out to unwind.
- Sauchope Links Holiday Park in Crail – Lying in the East Neuk of Fife, famous for its picturesque fishing villages, sandy beaches and craggy coastline, guests staying at Sauchope Links can soak in the spectacular views of the Isle of May and explore the delights of this beautiful part of Scotland.
- Cruachan Farm – Enjoy the tranquil Perthshire countryside, enjoying the stunning views across the majestic Scottish Highlands. Centrally located, it’s easy to get out and explore from Cruachan Farm with plenty to see and do in the local area.