SKEANIE was established in Australia in 2007 and went on to enjoy enormous success, such as becoming the preferred provider of the Australian Podiatry Association. SKEANIE launched their first range into Europe in September 2011.
They feel very strongly that children’s growing feet benefit from being barefoot as often as possible but they also appreciate that this is not always safe or hygienic! SKEANIE shoes are designed to be the next best thing to barefoot walking and they have several features to help achieve this:
- Junior range features a thin and flexible rubber sole which allows the foot to move naturally
- Many of their styles feature our unique Flex-Ease elasticated ankle support which again makes the shoe more flexible
- SKEANIE shoes feature a wider toe area giving little toes room to wriggle and fan out
- Shoes are made from buttery soft breathable eco-leather
- Shoes are handmade in fair trade conditions
“As well as providing room for natural growth, SKEANIE’s soft-soled shoes allow sensory feedback from the ground, which is especially important for little ones learning to walk and getting to know their surroundings. Research shows that youngsters who wear flat, soft-soled shoes have improved proprioception, balance and foot and ankle strength.”
Disclosure Policy: Tigger received a pair of Sport Sneakers for the purpose of this review, my thoughts and opinions are my own.