Chocolate Treasure Cookies combine decadent chocolate chips and crunchy pecans to create a cookie that is so tasty you may guard the cookie jar like it is a national treasure!
When the craving for chocolate hits, I have the perfect solution. Chocolate Treasure Cookies. These are easy to make and even easier to devour! The combination of a soft chocolate cookie with white chocolate chips and crisp pecans is bound to become a family favourite!
The flavour of this cookie recipe is impressive, but simple to make. You will note that the dough does require 30 minutes of resting time in the fridge. This is an important step that makes the dough less sticky and easier to form balls with.
How to make Chocolate Treasure Cookies
- 315g Plain flour
- 83g Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 338g Butter
- 225g White Sugar
- 113g Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 283g White Chocolate Chips
- 86g Pecans (chopped)
- Start by mixing together your flour, cocoa, soda, and salt.
- Next, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla.
- Mix until well combined.
- Stir into the flour mixture. Until well combined.
- Add in your chips and pecans.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 170C for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve these chocolate treasure cookies at holidays, or take them along to a party and watch them disappear. They also make for a delicious after dinner snack that the entire family will enjoy.
If you have a favourite cookie recipe I hope you will leave a comment to share it with me. When you try this recipe I would love it if you hop over and share a photo of your cookies with me on Facebook.