AD | Featured
Wigs are essential for people who love to be beautiful and stunning. Some people will go for a hair wig to hide their baldness or hair loss. In such a case hair wig should not embarrass with a loose fit and unnatural look. Then how should we choose the wig and what we should do to make the wig look natural for beginners? Here we can see how can make it more natural.
Your head and measurement of wig
If you are planning to wear a wig to hide your baldness or to improve your hairstyle, buying a wig that fits your head is essential. Best fit will not cause any loss of your money. Otherwise, the wig will be seen as a hairy cap over your head. Even headband wigs are available in different sizes with adjustable straps wigs made out of handy measurements only can give natural look.
To make a wig perfect fit your head, you need to take measurements from all sides of your head. Take your tape to measure your head as given below.
- Measure from your forehead hairline to the nape of your neck
- Measure from ear to ear over the top of your head
- Measure the length of the hairline at the back of your neck
- Take temple to temple measurement around the back of your head
- Measure overall circumference that covers from the forehead, behind the ears, and around the back of the neck
Pluck your wig
To make your wig look real, pluck the hairs along the wig’s part and hairline. If the wig is left not plucked then it looks unnatural and denser. It looks like something fixed over the head. To make it more natural pluck the hairs to appear sparser near the hairline.
Pluck the hairs near your ear and also pluck some hairs from the front hairline and comb it upward over the head. There should be a gradient effect while hairs are moving freely. Lightly plucking is enough to create a natural look at the dense part.
Cut the extra lace flow into your face
Lace-wigs are always come with extra lace. To secure the unit, you need to cut the extra lace to fit into the head correctly without overlapping your forehead. Simple steps to do this cutting process are given below.
- After clipping the hair check the hairline in the forehead whether it is correctly fit or not.
- Adjust it until the unit is correctly placed where you want to secure it later
- Start cutting from the middle of the forehead towards the hairline. Take care that you are not cutting any baby hairs.
- Avoid straight hairline while cutting, make it natural by following your curved hairlines.
- Be careful while cutting extra hair and lace near your ear. If you cut excess hair the natural look get disappears.
To make your wig natural do some makeup over it. Colour your wig with powder and concealer along the hairline and part. Using a makeup brush or even your fingers gently blot or dab the concealer into the lace to get a more natural-looking hairline. Blending the lace with your skin colour will give a natural look and hide harsh edges.
Flatten your natural hair
To make a natural look wig you also need to concentrate your natural hair. That is you need to flatten your natural hair to fit your wig correctly. Depending on the length, density, and texture of your hair you need to flatten your hair properly. A stocking cap or other wig cap can also wear to secure your natural hair. Braids, cornrows, low buns are the common ways followed to prepare your natural hair for the perfect lace front wig installation.
Use 100% human hair
The first and best tip to make your wig look natural is to start with the hair used in the wig. It must be 100% human hair. You must care for your human hair wig like your natural hair. Wash regularly and brush your hair to keep it more natural and fresh-looking. For long-lasting following some tips are good.
- Keep it on a wig head if you are not wearing it.
- Avoid harsh chemicals like saltwater, chlorine, and hot water.
- Be careful when using a hair heater.
And also to make it natural, choose the hairstyle you already followed or create different hairstyles.