I can remember playing dominoes with my grandad as a child so when Jumbo Games recently got in touch offering to send Roo and Tigger the DC Super Friends Dominoes Game I jumped at the chance. The classic game of dominoes has been given a DC Super Friends makeover and instead of the traditional counters they have been replaced with the familiar DC characters of Batman, Robin, Joker, Superman, Green Lantern and Flash.
Jumbo Games DC Super Friends Dominoes Game is suitable for ages 3 years+ and for 2 to 6 players
- 28 Dominoes
- Rules of the game sheet
How do you play dominoes?
- Shuffle the dominoes and place them face down on the table.
- Each player takes five dominoes, leaving the remaining dominoes to one side.
- The youngest player with a domino that has the same design either side (a double) gets to go first following in a clockwise order.
- Place a domino matching the designs available on the table, if you do not have one then pick up and extra domino from the pile and the play moves onto the next player
- Continue until one player has used all their dominoes – that player is the winner
Boo Roo and Tigger Too’s thoughts…
As soon as Roo and Tigger saw the box sitting on the side they were eager to play with the game. Opening up the dominoes needed to be ‘popped’ out of their cardboard surround. As I did this I noticed that the back of the dominoes had been left as untreated cardboard and I would have liked to seen this as the gloss finish like the front of the dominoes. With no design placed on the back of the dominoes it did make them feel unfinished.
The game itself is a simple concept and both the children enjoyed playing with the dominoes, if not getting a little competitive when it came to winning!
Available from Amazon priced at £5.99, which would make a great game to give as a birthday present for a classmate or a stocking filler at Christmas.
Disclosure: We received the Jumbo Games DC Super Friends Dominoes Game FOC for the purpose of review