As part of The Big Broth, a competition to find the tastiest home-made soup recipe by the UK’s leading youth homelessness charity Centrepoint. Chef Also Zilli has agreed to be part of the judging panel searching for an amateur cook with an amazing soup recipe that will be sold in Waitrose shops from Winter 2018.
Chef Aldo Zilli said, “We will be looking for a soup made with quality ingredients. We want tasty and interesting flavour combinations. Plus, it’s important for the winner to have a passion for cooking; we hope they put their heart and soul into the recipe. Youth homelessness is an important cause to get behind and the winner’s recipe will genuinely help save lives.”
Whether it’s a classic recipe passed down through the generations or a new trendy bowl inspired by trips abroad, entries should be submitted at centrepoint.org.uk/thebigbroth by 29/03/18.
To help inspire you with your own creations Chef Aldo Zilli has shared his delicious chicken broth with bread and parmesan dumpling recipe.
Aldo Zilli Chicken broth with bread and parmesan dumpling
If you are looking for a winter warmer then why not try out Aldo Zilli’s chicken broth with bread and parmesan dumpling recipe. Perfect for using up items in your cupboards and refrigerator to produce a delicious broth for all the family.
- 1 full chicken
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 2 celery (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 60g salt
- 3.5 litre water
- 500g ice
- 2 bay leaves
- 40g parsley (whole)
- 20g Olive oil
- Heat the oil, add diced carrots, celery and onion
- Once crispy add the water
- Add the ice and then the chicken
- Leave on a slow boil
- When water has evaporated by approx. 50% (approx. 1.5 hours) take out the chicken and vegetable and remove fat residue
- Take broth and return boil
For the dumpling:
- 400g Chopped Ciabatta (2 days old – needs to be dry)
- 1 garlic
- 80g pecorino cheese
- 100g unsalted butter
- 20g parsley
- Mix all ingredients into a dough. Check consistency. If dry add more butter.
- Once mixed, separate the dough into small dumplings and keep refrigerated 3-4 hours
- Add dumplings to the broth and cook for 1.5 minutes