Looking for a simple a delicious BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe? Want a dinner recipe that is Slimming World Friendly? This easy dinner recipe is perfect for anyone who loves BBQ Pulled Pork.
I love a recipe that feels like comfort food but is still in my healthy eating plan. The homemade slimming world friendly sauce that goes with this pulled pork, takes a good meal and makes it amazing. Because it fits into a healthy eating plan, I can eat BBQ Pulled Pork and not feel guilty about it.
What to Serve with BBQ Pulled Pork?
When I am making BBQ Pulled Pork, I like to change what I serve with it. Sometimes I like to serve it with a simple side salad and other times I might make it into a sandwich. I also like to serve:
How Long Does BBQ Pulled Pork Last?
Since you are making this sauce from scratch, it doesn’t have preservatives. This BBQ Pulled Pork recipe will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Make sure it is in an airtight container. You can also freeze it.
How to Reheat BBQ Pulled Pork?
Pulled pork can be reheated in the microwave, a pot on the stove or a baking dish in the oven. Make sure the pork has been reheated thoroughly when you are ready to reheat it. If we are eating all of the pulled pork leftovers, I will heat it in the oven or on the stovetop. If I am only heating enough for one, I will heat it in the microwave or on the stove.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork (Slimming World Friendly)
- 3lb-4lb pork shoulder (trimmed well of all fat)
For the sauce
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 500g passata
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 3 tbsp sweetener like Splenda
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk together, bring to the boil then simmer while whisking for about 15 minutes until thicker
- Taste for seasoning might need a little more salt or pepper
- Place pork into a slow cooker and pour over the sauce and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- After this time remove the lid from the slow cooker and turn it up to high for an hour to help to reduce the sauce
- Remove the joint from the slow cooker and using two forks to pull the meat apart into shreds
- Place meat either back into the slow cooker pot or a serving dish and mix well into the sauce
- Serve with fresh salad and crispy rolls