One of the things the Boo Roo and Tigger Too household look forward to whenever we go away and stay in a hotel is the continental breakfast. Tucking into the range of brioche, pain au chocolat and other pastries is simply divine. Enjoying these tasty treats at home has become so much easier too with the great range from Broiche Pasquier, especially when a yummy little hamper arrived from them last week.
Now I enjoy a pastry as much as the next person but I do often think of them as a breakfast or snack item rather than something that I can include in a main meal. Included within the hamper was a couple of recipe ideas and as soon as I saw the idea for a Pain au Chocolat and Orange Pudding recipe I knew what I wanted to try out first.
- 75ml Milk
- 100g Dark chocolate
- 2 Eggs
- 6 Brioche Pasquier Pain au Chocolat
- 300ml Double cream
- 50g Caster sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2
- Cut each pain au chocolate into three and place into an ovenproof dish
- In a saucepan add the milk, orange zest and double cream, and bring to the boil
- Break up the chocolate into squares and add to the saucepan, stirring until the mixture becomes smooth
- Mix the caster sugar and eggs together in a bowl and pour the chocolate mixture over, whisking all the time
- Slowly pour the mix over the pain au chocolat, allowing the custard to be absorbed before adding more
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is lightly crisp and the centre is still wobbly
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream
Disclosure: We received a Broiche Pasquier hamper FOC for the purpose of review.