We were recently invited to enjoy a family meal at our local Little Chef. Now like most of you reading this I had never thought about visiting Little Chef for a family meal unless we were out on our travels and drove past one.
We are fortunate enough to have a Little Chef just up the road from Great Yarmouth in Acle. So one wet and windy Sunday we made our way there, thankfully they had a generous car park which allowed us to park virtually at the door.
Upon arrival we were greeted warmly by Poppy and given a choice of tables to sit at. Whilst browsing the menus we placed our drinks order and Roo was most happy to receive her Babyccino, she felt so grown up.
After much debate about what we all should order we finally decided upon…
- Babyccino 60p – Warm frothy milk, topped with a sprinkle of chocolate
- Cheesy Garlic Bread £2.99
- Chicken Goujons £3.99 – 100% chicken goujons in a crispy batter served with a jacket potato or chips, Birds Eye garden peas and a tomato half.
- Perfect Pancakes £1.99 – One of our famous pancakes drizzled with your choice of maple avoured syrup, chocolate sauce, marshmallows and chocolate Smarties
Mr Boo enjoyed:
- Breaded King Prawns £3.99 – Served with garlic mayo dip, a wedge of lemon and a salad garnish.
- The Works Burger £8.99 – Two 1/4 lb premium British beef burgers served in a soft roll with tangy relish, mixed leaves, a slice of Cheddar cheese, a rasher of back bacon and onion rings. Served with skinny fries, regular chips or jacket potato.
- Toffee Crunch Pie £3.99 – A chocolate pastry layered with sticky caramel & chocolate, creamy toffee mousse and sprinkled with milk chocolate squares and honeycomb.
- Gammon Steak and Egg £7.99 – Gammon steak with a free range griddled egg. Served with regular chips or jacket potato, and garden peas.
- Deep Apple Pie Crumble £3.99 – A deep apple pie with a crunchy crumble topping. Served with a scoop of ice cream or custard. Have it hot or cold!
- Regular Chips £1.99
Whilst the food was cooking both Roo and Tigger enjoyed colouring with the crayons and sheets provided.
With each course that arrived we were asked if we were alright for drinks, sauces etc. That extra attention to detail was so nice as sometimes you can wait forever to catch a waitresses attention to order more drinks etc.
Boo Roo and Tigger Too’s thoughts…
We were pleasantly surprised by the food selection available, the new children’s menu has really been given some thought to include some tasty favourites. All the food ordered was well cooked and very tasty. It is the first time in a long time that Roo has eaten all of her food when attending a restaurant, personally I think she was looking forward to the Perfect Pancakes!
Although the serve and food we second to none I felt that the decor could do with a little updating. The green colour scheme did not seem to fit in with the Little Chef branding, however I believe that they are currently updating many of the restaurants.
Whilst we were there an old couple came in ordered a pot of tea and Lemon Meringue Pie… so cute. Mr Boo reckons that will be us when we are older, I quite like that idea.
Please check out the current Little Chef Offers
Disclosure Policy: We were invited to attend our local Little Chef and enjoy a family meal.