After nine months tucked up in the womb, being in the outside world can come as a bit of shock to newborns. There’s no wonder they find comfort in being close to mum; studies have shown that skin-to-skin contact even regulates baby’s heartbeat and temperature1. One way of maintaining this is to carry your baby close to you as you go about your daily life as a new mum. Using a wrap or baby carrier allows you to do this whilst leaving both hands free. There are many products on the market to help but many are complicated to use, bulky to wear or do not fully support baby’s legs and hips. The AmaWrap Baby Carrier is easy to wear, soft – with no buckles or clips – and comes in a range of colours to fit into any wardrobe. RRP: £39.99. For more information visit www.amawrap.com. This year, the AmaWrap has been updated to include more detailed instructions, new packaging and a refreshed logo.
Created by Founder Shabs Kwofie in 2012, AmaWrap is a home-grown UK-based company. Inspired by her African roots, Shabs purchased fabric from her local market after the challenging birth of her first baby so she could keep her close. Seeing how this changed her motherhood journey inspired her to create a product which allowed other parents to easily baby-wear. These 100% soft cotton 50cm x 5m wraps are manufactured to the highest standards and come in many colours, including Spring 2016 shades of Sunflower Orange, Dusky Pink, Turquoise, Orchid Purple, Pearl, Poppy Red, Plum Maroon and Mocha. All can be purchased at selected UK stockists and online at www.amawrap.com.
Here is why the AmaWrap Baby Carrier is a new parent must-have:
- The ergonomic positioning – it’s comfortable for a parent to wear and allows for the best hip position for baby.
- It’s easy to tie and pop baby in.
- It is beneficial for colic & reflux babies
- It’s a fantastic alternative to a buggy – and particularly helpful if you use public transport a lot and/or like countryside walks.
- Each wrap is compact, and one size fits all – so no harness or buckles adjusting required!
- It comes in several colours so fits into your wardrobe easily.
- It can be used for discrete breastfeeding on the go should you want it.
- The fabric is made exclusively for AmaWrap ensuring it has exactly the right amount of stretch both ways to be comfortable whilst giving optimum support to baby. Many wraps contain elastane to provide the stretch, AmaWrap does not; the 100% cotton fabric is knitted in such a way to get the same effect, but naturally.
- The dyes used are baby friendly, which means that all chewing and sucking on the sling by baby (and it will happen!) is absolutely safe.
- Every sling is safety tested to standards of PD CEN/TR 16512:2015.
- It can be used from birth to 15kgs.
- AND MOST IMPORTANTLY… it’s a soothing way for baby to be near you, feeling your heartbeat and breathing, like he was used to in the womb.
How to wrap an AmaWrap baby sling
Being such a believer in babywearing means Shabs has created AmaWrap to be more than just about the product; the mission is simple – to allow mums to be close to their babies. Her website and social media sites are designed to support new parents in their early baby journey. This means that AmaWrap offers advice and online help with all things babywearing and beyond, including C-section advice, breastfeeding support and baby wearing tips. In addition, you can find step-by-step guides and video tutorials on using the wrap – Shabs even offers personal Skype appointments for those needing any further product support!
Amawraps can be purchased at selected UK retailers and online at www.amawrap.com.
Boo Roo and Tigger Too are lucky enough to have a navy blue AmaWrap to giveaway to one lucky reader. To enter simply complete the Gleam widget below:
Disclosure: This is a featured giveaway