With money being a little tight for all of us at the moment and Valentine’s Day approaching I thought I’d share with you a fabulous tasty and quick rum truffle recipe that you can simply pop into a little gift box and give to your loved one.
If they don’t like rum then either leave out the rum essence or substitute with another flavouring.
- 50g (2oz) margarine
- 100 (4oz) icing sugar - sieved
- 2 level teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 2-3 drops of rum essence
- 25g (1oz) chopped almonds (optional)
- 50g (2oz) chocolate vermicelli or sugar strands
- Melt the margarine in a pan over a gentle heat, remove from the heat, add the cocoa powder and rum essence
- Using a wooden spoon work in the icing sugar until pliable
- Add nuts (if used)
- Take rounded teaspoonfuls of the mixture and quickly roll into balls
- Toss the balls in the vermicelli or sugar strands
- Place into petit-four cases and pop into the refrigerator to set for at least an hour
- If you find that your mixture is too sticky slowly add more icing sugar