From almost the moment I found out I was expecting Piglet there was one item on the top of my must-have baby essentials wish list – the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine.
Having seen the adverts, having watched the YouTube video and having heard friends rave about it I knew that this was something I wanted to help our bottle feeding journey easier.
Having been unable to breastfeed both Roo and Tigger, I knew that this time round I wanted to take the pressure off myself by deciding to choose bottle feeding for Piglet. Mr Boo was sceptical about how the Perfect Prep Machine would be any more use than boiling a kettle, however, after watching the YouTube videos I had watched time and time again, I managed to convert him.
Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine
The Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine is nifty gadget that allows you to prepare a baby’s bottle within minutes. No more needing to wait for the kettle to boil, prepare the bottle and then wait for it to cool in a jug of cold water – all which can take around 10 minutes. The Perfect Prep Machine dispenses a shot of boiling water to which you add the formula to in order to kill any bacteria and to allow for the formula to dissolve correctly before adding in cool water to drop the temperature of the feed to the optimal temperature for the baby to take.
There is a water filter inside the machine that ensures that the water clean and requires replacing every three months (these can be purchased as a subscribe and save item on Amazon Family).
How to use the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine
- Ensure the water tank is topped up
- Place bottle underneath the water nozzle (you can adjust the platform depending on what size bottle you are using)
- Select the number of oz bottle you require by using the dial on the top of the machine (available from 4oz to 12oz)
- Press the button in the middle of the dial – this will illuminate red whilst it is dispensing hot water
- Remove your bottle and add your formula scoops to the hot water and shake the bottle well to mix the formula
- Replace the bottle underneath the water nozzle and press the button again – it will illuminate green whilst it dispenses cool water to bring the bottle to perfect feeding temperature
Boo Roo and Tigger Too’s thoughts…
Having used the Perfect Prep Machine since Piglet was born I can honestly say that this really does matter preparing bottle feeds much easier. The night feeds especially is when the machine comes into its own as we have been able to prepare a feed quickly without disturbing the rest of the house and without us having to stand in a cold kitchen whilst the kettle boils/feed cools etc.
If you are planning on bottle feeding or whether you have decided to switch to bottles after breastfeeding I cannot recommend the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine highly enough – we’d be lost without it, I’ve even taken it on holiday with us.
Price and Availability
The Perfect Prep Machine is currently available in a choice of three colours; white, black and red with an RRP £119.99 it may seem like a big cost item however it is usually on offer for around £60-£80. It is available from Amazon, Boots and all other good baby retailers.
Disclosure: We received a Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep Machine FOC for the purpose of review
and we’d be lost without it