These days, we have a wide range of choice when it comes to flooring. While carpets are still popular in many homes a lot of people also use flooring such as wood, tiles, and vinyl in certain rooms of the home. This type of flooring is used for many reasons. One of these is the aesthetic appeal that it can provide and another is its ability to withstand wear and tear. It is also easy to maintain and clean, which makes it popular for rooms that experience high levels of human traffic.
In order to make the most of this type of flooring, you need to know how to keep it clean. This means using the right products and materials in order to maintain the great appearance and quality of your flooring.
Cleaning your tiles floors
Tiled floors can look great, enhance the appearance of the room, and provide practicality. Cleaning your tiles floors is easy, as all you need to do is:
- Sweep or vacuum the tiles regularly. If you use a vacuum make sure you are not too heavy-handed, as you don’t want to damage or crack the tiles. Instead, use a small attachment in order to get rid of dust and debris.
- Use a mild detergent and hot water to create a cleaning solution for the tiled floors. You can then apply this using a chamois mop or rag rather than opting for a sponge mop. This will help you to achieve better results.
- Allow the floor to dry
Cleaning your tiled floors regularly will help to ensure that they sparkle even if you have a lot of people passing through.
Cleaning your wood floors
Wood flooring has become very popular these days, as it looks great, has a modern appearance, and is hard-wearing. Maintenance and cleaning is also simple – all you need to do is:
- Use the hardwood setting on your vacuum to get any dust and debris up from your wood flooring. You can also use a sweeping brush for smaller areas or in between main vacuuming.
- Add suitable cleaning solution to a spray bottle or just use plain water, as this is fine for wood flooring.
- Use a suitable mop to get the floor clean. You should invest in a hardwood floor mop that is made from microfiber, as this material has been proven to be more effective for this type of flooring.
Of course, if you experience any spillages on your hardwood floor get them cleaned up right away to stop them from causing any damage.
Cleaning your vinyl floors
Vinyl is popular for kitchens and bathrooms due to the moisture in these rooms coupled with the number of people who use them. Cleaning this type of flooring is also simple:
- Use a broom or vacuum to get up dust and dirt – be careful with the vacuum, as you don’t want to tear the vinyl.
- Use plain water or a detergent solution mixed with water to clean the vinyl after sweeping/vacuuming.
- Use a microfiber mop to bring up the excess dirt. These are more absorbent than standard mops, so will lift the dirt and liquid far more easily rather than just spreading it around.
As you can see, cleaning non-carpet floors in your home doesn’t have to be a hassle. There are products and tools available to help you keep them looking great with ease and convenience.