When it comes to playing games in the Boo Roo and Tigger Too household we are all somewhat competitive. The whole notion that we should let others win once in a while is lost on us. If you are going to play a game, you play it to win and it can make for some interesting family game nights.
Always on the look out for something new to add to our arsenal of family games, we were intrigued to receive the Catch A Roo game from The Green Board Co. A simple concept game that is hugely competitive, especially when it comes to taking someone else’s roos!
Can you Catch a Roo?
- Catch – Play a card and catch the matching roo from the middle or another player
- Defend – Stop others catching your roos by playing a matching card from your hand
- Win – The player with the most roos at the end is the winner
Catch a Roo // Contents
- 55 Coloured Roo picture cards
- 11 Coloured Kangaroo figures
- Rules instruction guide
Catch a Roo // How to play
The Catch A Roo game comes complete with a rules instruction guide which details the basic principles of the game – Catch, Defend, Win!
- Shuffle the cards and deal each player 5 cards, as well as an extra deal set of five cards which is placed to one side
- The remaining cards are placed face down in a pile on the table with the roo figures placed next to them
- Players then take it in turns to place a card from their hand on to a discard pile on the table, stating which colour roo they are catching. Assuming that the roo has not been caught they take it from the middle and place it next to them, before picking up a new card. If the roo has already been caught, the player who has the roo has the opportunity to defend the roo by placing the same coloured card down, if they do not have it the other play may catch it
- Continue doing this until all the cards have been placed in the discard pile. If you do not have a coloured card that matches one of the uncaught roos or a players roo, you should select any card from your hand to place on the discard pile.
- The winner is the player with the most roos in their possession
A shorter version of the game is to play until all the middle roos have been caught, with the winner being the player who has the most roos in their possession.
Catch a Roo // Boo Roo and Tigger Too’s thoughts…
Playing a game for the first time is always fun, but it is a mark of the game if it is one that comes out time and time again. This game arrived last week, it has been played every day since! That in itself speaks volumes to me. With Roo and Tigger opting to play on the kitchen table whilst I cook the dinner, which is good for me as it means I can also join in and hopefully catch all the roos. The game is so simple to play, however, so competitive and gives you that sense of satisfaction as you manage to catch another persons roo!
Catch a Roo // Where can I buy?
The Catch A Roo game is brand new on the market and available at limited retailers – I will update as soon as I have confirmation on price and availability
To get your hands on the Catch A Roo game before many others, Boo Roo and Tigger Too are lucky enough to have a copy of the game to giveaway.
To enter, simply complete the Gleam widget below:
The Green Board Game Co. – Catch a Roo
Disclosure: We received a Catch a Roo game FOC for the purpose of review