AD | Partnership
Creating an epic teenage gaming themed bedroom is a fun and creative project that allows you to personalise a bedroom space and make it a comfortable and exciting place to spend time. Here are some steps to help you create the ultimate teenage gaming themed bedroom:
Create the ultimate teenage gaming themed bedroom
Whilst it would be great to have a dedicated space set aside for gaming, not everyone will have this space available in their homes. So when your teenager is requesting an update to their bedroom it can be the perfect time to combine their love of gaming into a studio apartment gaming bedroom design.
Take a look at the entire room, to see how much space you are dealing with, whether you are dealing with a small space or something with a little more scope. The most important thing is to make a list of the essentials that you want to include in the room and assess the perfect way to ensure that you can fit them in whilst making it a usable space.
Set a Budget
First things first, it’s a great idea to determine how much you’re willing to spend on this project. Creating a gamer room can range from affordable to quite expensive, so it’s important to have a budget in mind to guide your decisions. Take a look at what items you have available to you at the moment, which items you can repurpose from other rooms like the living room etc. and which items you may need to purchase – new or second-hand (take a look at Vinted, Facebook Marketplace for some top bargains).
Choose a Theme
Decide on the specific gaming theme you want for the gaming themed bedroom. This could be based on favourite games, video game consoles, a specific genre (e.g., retro gaming, sci-fi, fantasy), or a combination of several gaming elements. Selecting an overall theme will help when it comes to selecting interior design elements such as the colour scheme, furniture etc. Be sure to check out Pinterest for teen bedroom ideas as well as game room decor to see which ideas you can combine from both mood boards to create a games room come teen’s bedroom that you’ll have to prize them out of when it comes to eating meals and attending school.
Select a Color Scheme
Pick a colour scheme that complements your chosen gaming theme. Bright and bold colours, such as neon greens, blues, and reds, are popular choices for gaming themed bedrooms. You can take inspiration from video games, industrial styles and whether a dark colour might work well as a base with bright accents coming from the accesses included within the gamer bedroom.
Whilst it can be pretty obvious to paint the walls and sort out furniture for a bedroom, the walls can often be a blank canvas that can be personalised and a great way to create gallery walls of prints, posters and even neon signs to give an extra dimension.
- Posters and Wall Art: Decorate your walls with posters, framed game artwork, and wall decals related to your gaming theme. Desenio has a fantastic collection of prints available whether you want to for gaming references, artwork or a pop of colour and drawing in some of your teen’s other interests within their room.
- Shelves and Display Cases: Use shelves, display cases or pegboards to showcase your gaming collectables, figurines, and memorabilia.
- RGB Lighting: Install LED strip lights or RGB lighting behind your desk, around your monitor, or on shelves to create an immersive gaming atmosphere. You can control the lighting to match the mood of your games.
When it comes to what furniture to include in the room you need to remember that you are essentially merging two spaces into one. Combining a teenage bedroom and a game room design, creating a small apartment-style room (without the tiny kitchen etc. – although if they didn’t have to leave for food and drink, I’m sure they would). The size and style of each piece of furniture that you include is down to personal preference, the available space and of course, budget.
- Comfortable Bed: We all need a good night’s sleep so including a comfortable bed is the obvious choice and a necessity for a bedroom. Depending on the available space within the room, getting your teenager a double bed will give them not only additional space in bed but if you get one with storage space underneath they have easy access to bulky items that they don’t need all the time but need to be stored somewhere.
For small rooms or for a bedroom that they share with a sibling then bunk beds may be the best option for you as these offer a small footprint within a room whilst
- Storage Solutions: Invest in storage solutions like shelves, cabinets, and drawers to keep gaming accessories, board games, and equipment organised and easily accessible – and hopefully inspire your teenage boy to keep everything tidy.
- Seating Solutions: Given the amount of time your teenager is likely to be spending in the room, something you might want to think about is where they are going to sit. Whilst a comfy couch might be the perfect choice, it might not be a practical solution given the space it will take up. Take a look at bean bags or a comfortable chair which can offer a flexible seating solution.
- Add the Personal Touch: Add personal touches like a gaming themed bedspread or pillows and any other items that reflect their unique gaming style, although the pinball machines, arcade games and foosball table may need to be kept on hold for when they have more space available.
Game room design
- Gaming Desk: Invest in a good quality gaming desk that provides enough space for your gaming setup, including your computer or console, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Whilst a simple desk would work, it might be better to look at something that is going to last as it will be a focal point within the room and utilised a lot. Look for desks with cable management solutions to keep your wires organised. Think of this as a multifunctional piece of furniture as it can be utilised as an office space (homework/coursework)
- Gaming Chair: A comfortable gaming chair with good lumbar support is essential for long gaming sessions. Choose one that matches your colour scheme and provides the necessary comfort. This can be used whether your teenage girl is playing their favourite games, completing an assignment or sitting to get ready to head out with friends.
- Gaming PC or Console: Set up your gaming PC or console in a central location in the room, so it’s easily accessible. Let’s face it, other than then bed it will be the most used item in the room.
- Monitor/TV: Invest in a high-quality monitor or TV with good resolution and refresh rate for a superior gaming experience. Consider mounting your monitor or TV on the wall to save desk space and create a sleek look.
- Gaming Accessories: Customise your setup with gaming accessories like a gaming keyboard, mouse, headset, and controller. You can choose themed accessories that match your gaming theme.
- Cable Management: Keep cables tidy and out of sight by using cable clips, sleeves, or raceways. This will help maintain a clean and organized look.
- Sound System: Enhance your gaming experience with a quality sound system or gaming headphones. You can also add acoustic panels to improve sound quality.
Regularly clean and maintain the gaming area setup and room to ensure it stays in top condition. Keeping a pack of cleaning wipes, monitor cleaner and microfibre cloth handy will hopefully inspire your teen to do their part as they enjoy their gaming space.
Remember that the teenage gaming themed bedroom is a reflection of their personal style and interests, so make it a space where they can relax, game, and enjoy their favourite video games. It’s a project that can evolve over time as they collect more gaming-related items and upgrade their setup, after all, there is always new tech and games being released.