AD | Gifted Products // Affiliate Links
Unlike running or jumping, handwriting os a skill which needs to be taught and children who aren’t may not develop a comfortable, readable style.
Piglet started preschool (a nursery based within a school environment) in September and whilst she has enjoyed the fun side of running, jumping and creative tasks. There is also an educational side to her time spent within the preschool setting with each child given goals to reach across the year. For Piglet, the goal she has been set is to write her name independently by the end of the year. Something that will help her when she comes to start reception class this coming September.
In order to help her achieve this goal, we have been practising at home with the help of the STABILO handwriting range.
STABILO EASYgraph pencils
Holding a pencil is an unusual and new experience for children, and they have to learn how to hold one before they can use it. The ergonomic design of the STABILO EASYgraph helps children to find the right grip in order to start learning the art of handwriting. Combined with handwriting resources or sheets supplied from preschool Piglet is able to follow the lines, shapes and letter formations to get used to holding a pencil.
- The first ergonomic pencil especially for left or right-handers
- Triangular design and non-slip grip moulds ensure a relaxed hand posture
- Yellow and red colour coding at the end of the pencil indicates left- or right-handed versions
- Wood from responsibly managed forests
- Space for inscribing the name
STABILO EASYoriginal handwriting pen
The STABILO EASYoriginal pen is specially designed to provide optimal support for children who are looking to progress from pencil to pen. Although this is a little advanced for Piglet it does help her understand that she needs to have her grip correctly on the pen before being able to write or draw.
- Stylish and ergonomic rollerball especially designed for left- or right-handers
- Grip-Zone made from non-slip material
- The relaxed hold prevents fatigue and helps neat and tidy handwriting – that won’t blot or scratch.
- Extremely easy to refill with no mess. Each refill has a new tip
- Available with royal-blue erasable ink
- Space for a name tag
- Cap fits on the end of the pen
Free Twinkl Handwriting printable resources
To assist Piglet at home with encouraging her to follow lines, shapes and letter formation. I have printed off a collection of free handwriting resources, I downloaded ours from Twinkl – although there is a wide range of websites to choose from that offer handwriting resources.
- Handwriting Sheets – Lined Worksheet
- Letter Formation Worksheet A-Z – Foundation Stage
- A-Z Letter Formation Worksheets
Win a STABILO EASY Handwriting Bundle
To help you encourage your child with their handwriting, we are lucky enough to have two STABILO EASY Handwriting Bundles to giveaway.
Prize: STABILO EASY Handwriting Bundle – including STABILO EASYgraph pencils, STABILO EASYoriginal handwriting pen and STABILO Handwriting Hints booklet
To enter complete the Gleam widget below, all entries are optional and each one completed will gain you more entries into the random draw.STABILO EASY Handwriting Bundle