Discover the amazing underwater world and an awesome array of creatures with a visit to SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth. An opportunity to see the creatures that inhabit our seas and oceans as well as get a hands-on experience.
Visit SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth: What you need to know
Where to find SEALIFE Great Yarmouth
The SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth aquarium is located in the heart of the Golden Mile on the Great Yarmouth seafront. A stone’s throw away from Central Beach and next to the Giant Wheel.
ADDRESS: Marine Parade, Great Yarmouth NR30 3AH
TEL: 01493 330631
- Parking – Pay and display on-street parking and car parks are available throughout the seafront
- Public transport – A coastal clipper serves the Great Yarmouth sea front travelling from nearby Hemsby Beach, stopping along the way and ending at the Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- Alternative transport – A motorised train runs up and down the seafront, stopping at various attractions along the way. It can be a great way to get from one end of the seafront to the other as well as being able to take in the sights. Horse carriages are also available and can make a novel way to travel up the seafront in style.
When is SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth open?
Whilst Great Yarmouth SEA LIFE Centre is located along the sea front, and is one of the most popular attractions, it is not one that closes its doors at the end of the summer season. In fact, the only day that the SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth aquarium is closed is Christmas Day! (we’ve been to visit there on Boxing Day and say Merry Christmas to our favourite penguin before). It does, however, have different opening times for the summer and winter seasons, generally it opens at 10am through to either 3pm or 5pm depending on the time of year – so do check the website for updated opening hours.
How much does SEALIFE Great Yarmouth Cost?
The SEA LIFE Centre Great Yarmouth is part of the Merlin Attractions and just like all their other attractions it pays to book in advance. Make sure to book 2 days in advance to get the lowest prices available.
- Standard Entry – Starting from £14.50: Entitles you to entry to SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth Aquarium, with entrance at a chosen 10-minute time slot.
- SEA LIFE Anytime Entry – Prices from £23.00: Entitles you entry to SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth on your selected date, with no timed entry restrictions. Simply arrive anytime within the admission open hours.
- SEA LIFE Package – Prices from £22.95: Includes entry to the attraction as well as a SEA LIFE VR experience and guidebook/mission pack
- SEA LIFE + Giant Wheel – Prices from £23.00: See the world from below and above the water with this two attraction ticket
- Merlin Annual Pass Holders – FREE Entry: Guarantee your entry and choose your preferred time slot by booking online, Passholders may book up to 3 pre-book tickets per pass, per attraction, at any one time.
What you will discover when visiting
A visit to the SEA LIFE Centre Great Yarmouth is an opportunity to enter an amazing underwater world and encounter an awesome array of creatures, including the shark family, a green sea turtle, snappy crocodiles, mysterious stingrays, playful penguins, seahorses, the humble starfish, thousands of tropical fish and much, much more.
The Jelly Invaders area takes you on a journey into the fascinating world of jellyfish. Get up close to ‘Moon Jellyfish’, watch how they appear to change with the multi-coloured lights and follow the jelly fish life cycle!
Meet and interact with the playful Humboldt Penguins as they swim and socialise together! Humboldt penguins are declining in number, and there is thought to be as little as 10,000 left in the wild so this is the perfect opportunity to see them from a couple of different viewing platforms as they interact with each other.
Under the Ray-dar!
Step into the research submarine, a hands-on experience for children especially to find out more about the rays and come face to face with the native RAYS!
Come face to face with Ntombi and Masozi, the Great Yarmouth SEA LIFE Centre’s African dwarf crocodiles, these sleek and sinister sisters can grow up to 5ft long! See whether you can spot them hidden within their water enclosure.
Rainforest Ranger Basecamp!
Immerse yourself in a world of creepy crawlies and curious critters from the tropical rainforest. Can you race a colony of leafcutter ants to find the queen? If you’ve ever wanted to see a croc or a creepy crawly from the deepest depths of the jungle, visit SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth to meet the Rainforest Rangers and all of their friends.
Tropical Ocean Display & Ocean Tunnel
Come face-to-fin in the jaw-dropping Tropical Ocean display. Prepare to be amazed as you watch the SEA LIFE centre’s largest inhabitants roam around the Lost City of Atlantis themed display.
The amazing tropical ocean display, shark tunnel and ocean tank holds 250,000 litres of seawater where you can see their largest inhabitants as they roam around the lost city of Atlantis themed display. Really get the feel of being underwater as you walk through the iconic sea tunnel and watch in wonder at the fascinating creatures of the sea.
Discover all about the ocean’s different coral reefs and sea anemones in this amazing display! Finding Nemo really helped highlight coral reefs and the different sea creatures that inhabit them, this is a chance to get up close and see the clown fish, their very own Nemo, Marlon and Dory swimming around.
Rock Pool Explorer
Discover the incredible creatures that have adapted to live in the shallow rock pools of our coasts and try out the hands-on experience of finding out how it feels to touch a Star fish!
Breed, Rescue, Protect
In this area, you will find out more about what SEA LIFE and the SEA LIFE Trust are doing to help threatened marine life and perhaps help out yourself by signing one of their petitions or picking up a free sustainable seafood guide. Around 75% (that’s three-quarters) of the world’s coral reefs are threatened by human activity.
Why you need to visit SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth
You might be fooled into thinking that a trip to the SEA LIFE Centre is only for children, however, it can be an informative and interactive day for the whole family and a great place to learn more about the variety of sea creatures that live within our seas and oceans.
- Animal Feeds: What better way to gain an insight into one of the sea creatures at the aquarium than by ensuring that you catch one of the animal feeds and talks given throughout the day. A member of staff will be on hand to talk to you about the different creatures, their habitats, feeding and curious facts about them.
- Special Events: Throughout the year a wide range of events are hosted at SEA LIFE Centre Great Yarmouth, from beach cleans, sleepovers at the aquarium to themed events that make a visit even more interactive for children.
- Gift Shop: Who doesn’t love a visit to the gift shop after exploring a new attraction? Great Yarmouth SEA LIFE Centre has a variety of gifts available from a fridge magnet, clothing, posters and soft toys – a little something for everyone.
- Cafe and Soft Play Area: After visiting the SEA LIFE Great Yarmouth aquarium you might want to take a load off and enjoy a light snack or some cold drinks to recharge your batteries. The children on the other hand can burn off any excess energy within the soft play area located within viewing distance of the cafe.
What else is there to do in Great Yarmouth?
- Booking a game of ten-pin bowling is a great way to enjoy time with family and friends and bring out your competitive side. If you are heading to Great Yarmouth, be sure to check out the Wellington Pier for the Wellington Bowl and entertainment centre for one of the best bowling alleys, grab a drink and snack, and enjoy some of the latest multiplayer games.
- Sara’s Tearooms is a family-run, dog-friendly cafe offering great service & local and homemade quality food at value-for-money prices.
- There is no doubt that films and movies were made to be seen on the big screen, and whilst TVs at home are getting bigger and better, nothing really compares to a visit to the cinema. If you are planning a trip to Arc Cinema Great Yarmouth to catch the latest release or even enjoy a re-run of a classic