AD | Partnership
After a day exploring the Great Yarmouth’s famous Golden Mile, what better way to finish off the day than by heading to Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach. Located to the south end of Great Yarmouth sea front is the popular tourist attraction that is Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach. Home to the wooden roller coaster that was built back in 1932, it is one of only two remaining wooden roller coasters in the UK (and seven in the world)! You may remember seeing the iconic coaster in the Madness House of Fun video that was filmed back in 1982.
Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
The Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach is a historic amusement park located in the seaside resort town of Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, on the English east coast. The park first opened in 1909 and has been operating ever since. The star attraction at the park is the wooden Roller Coaster which was built there in 1932. It is a great place to enjoy an exciting mix of white-knuckle, and child-friendly rides and enjoy the different events that they house over the summer months.
Location and Opening Times
ADDRESS: South Beach Parade, Great Yarmouth NR30 3EH
TEL NO.: 01493 844585
The Pleasure Beach car park is located at the south end of the Pleasure Beach, however, during the summer holiday this can get busy and you may want to look at ample car parking via the on-street pay and display parking spaces or access one of the local car parks available.
For a full list of opening dates and opening hours, please refer to the Pleasure Beach website as times are different depending on the time of year and events.
BOOK GREAT YARMOUTH PLEASURE BEACH TICKETS: pleasure-beach.co.uk/buy-tickets
Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach operates a closed-gate system (like Alton Towers etc.), where everyone entering will need a valid form of entry similar to other theme parks and amusement parks. With four entry tickets options available:
- Wrist band Admissions: Entitles the bearer entrance to the park and unlimited rides for the day. Wristbands contact a microchip that you will need to tap as you enter and as you go on each ride.
- Fun Card Admissions: Fun Card pay-per-ride, contactless option to access the rides. These are available for either £5 or £10 loaded with 5 or 10 credits (these can be topped-up throughout the attraction and re-used across the season).
- Non-Rider Admissions: Not looking to go on any rides (are you the designated bag holder?) Purchase a non-rider admission card for entry to the park.
- Season Pass: Enjoy the fun all season long!
Full height restrictions and ride credit information are available at all entrances to the Great Yarmouth Pleasure and ride-specific minimum height restriction information is available at the entrance to each ride,
What can you do at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach?
- Rides: One of the best things about Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach is the thought that has gone into who will be visiting the seaside attraction. Housing a collection of white knuckle rides such as the sky drop, large rides for thrill seekers such as the Haunted House, the traditional wooden rollercoaster as well as family-friendly rides such as the big apple coaster to allow them to still have the feel of being adrenaline junkies without being too much for them to cope with. The log flume recently closed and at present, there are no water attractions available but who knows what the future will bring??
- Attractions: From amusement arcades, children’s entertainment and traditional attractions such as ‘hook-a-duck’ everyone will have good fun exploring the different things that are available throughout the attraction that aren’t necessarily rides.
- Food Outlets: Who knew that enjoying so many rides could be hunger-inducing? Check out the food court for an array of different food options from hot dogs, If you are looking for something to fulfil your sweet tooth they have you covered with candy floss, sweet shops ice cream parlours and Jolly Ranchers slushies!
What’s On at Pleasure Beach Great Yarmouth?
Make the most of your visit to Great Yarmouth and enjoy three hours at the Pleasure Beach making full use of all the most popular rides before watching the spectacular seafront fireworks. Each Wednesday throughout the summer holidays the Great Yarmouth seafront skyline is lit up by a fantastic fireworks display celebrating the huge family fun that Great Yarmouth offers.
Thursday Meet & Greet Character Day
Enjoy walking around the Pleasure Beach on Thursdays during the summer to spot your favourite characters. Enabling everyone to meet them in person, grab a hug and even have a photo taken with them.
Saturday Themed Summer Nights
- Sat 29th July Best of British
- Sat 5th Aug 80s & 90s
- Sat 12th Aug PRIDE
- Sat 19th Aug Reggae
- Sat 26th Aug Coaster Cabana
Reduced-priced evening wristbands are available!
Transforming the Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach into summer party nights. Running each Saturday evening throughout the summer between 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm. A fun place to enable everyone to get the full Pleasure Beach experience alongside speciality performers, live DJ sets and pop-up bars.
The award-winning Halloween scare event is back! Prepare yourself for five nights of fear as evil spirits roam the park with live-action actors playing the part to scare you witless!
What To Do in the Pleasure Beach Gardens
- Jurassic Gardens: Steer your way out of trouble and away from the terrifying jaws of the T-Rex. You’ll have to be an expert behind the wheel to make it out alive!
- Upside Down House: Norfolk’s only topsy-turvy attraction, the Upside Down House is a hybrid of street art and experimental entertainment that’s fun for all the family and a fantastic time to discover the world from a different vantage point.
- Junior Driving School: Give your kids a head start in driving and teach them how to manoeuvre around the track at the Pleasure Beach Gardens Leaner’s Driving School.
- Adventure Golf: The Safari Adventure Golf is a 12-hole mini-golf course perfect for golf enthusiasts of all ages.
- Sara’s Tea Rooms: Looking for the perfect way to recharge your batteries after a busy day then why not refuel at Sara’s Tea Rooms. Offering a wide selection of snacks, light bites and meals for the whole family, it is also dog-friendly and serves the most delicious homemade cakes!