I always laugh when someone asks me what time I set my alarm clock for to get up in the mornings, ‘with two early risers I don’t need to set an alarm clock‘ I usually reply. So when I was offered the opportunity to review the LEXON FLIP Alarm Clock from Gifts with Style I wasn’t sure if I’d ever get the chance to hear it go off in a morning.
How to set up the FLIP alarm clock
- Open the box and empty out the AAA batteries (yes they come supplied!) and the FLIP in your chosen colour
- Unclip the battery panel and insert the two AAA batteries, close the battery panel
- With OFF facing upwards, press and hold the ‘Set’ button on the back of the FLIP until the display flashes
- Press the hour and minute + and – buttons until you have the correct time
- Press ‘Set’ once again and you can choose to have either 12hr or 24hr clock settings
- Press ‘Set’ once again to save your changes
Available in ten different colours I opted for the purple, which is more of a pinky plum colour. Once it arrived and I’d set it up I had an idea on how I could put this simple to use flip alarm clock to use.
I decided to pop it in Roo’s bedroom to encourage her to stay in bed longer in the mornings. Instead of getting up with the birds and staying in bed to read a book or play quietly until 7am.
With a built in light that is activated with a simple touch to the top and can be used when the alarm is either off or on, really helps Roo keep an eye on the time and whether or not it’s nearly time for her to be getting up.
How to set the alarm function
- With ON facing upwards you will notice a small clock appear in the bottom right hand corner
- Press the hour and minute + and – buttons until you have the correct alarm time
- The alarm is now set
Boo Roo and Tigger Too’s thoughts…
The simplicity of the alarm clock is really amazing, with a simply ‘flip’ the alarm is either on or off. The ease of changing the alarm time is so simple too that Roo can adjust it herself.
Priced at £29.00 it may be a little bit more than an average alarm clock but this is no average alarm clock.