- Precision Engineered Blades – Precision engineered Japanese steel blades with a unique super sharp cutting angle for smooth, effortless cutting.
- Taper Control – Taper control gives a fine cut adjustment for precision clipping.
- Lithium-ion Technology – Gives sustained power performance for reliable cordless use, even at lower charge levels.
- High Power Motor – High power direct motor for ultra powerful cutting action.
- Rapid Charging System – 3 hours full charge for 75 minutes use or 30 minute quick charge for 30 minutes use.
- Cord/Cordless – Can be used with mains power cord or cordless for total convenience.
- 5 Year Guarantee
What’s in the box?
- BaByliss 7475U Super Hair Clipper
- 8x comb guides
- Left & right ear comb guides
- Cleaning brush and oil
- Storage pouch
- Instruction booklet
One thing I notice straightaway from unpacking the hair clipper is how much lighter it is compared to the one that I currently use for Mr Boo. Whilst Mr Boo was at work I popped the clipper onto charge for the recommended 3 hours in order to get the maximum 75 minutes use from it.
Once fully charged I had a little play around with adding combs and making sure I could remove them. The combs simply hook over the top of the blade and click into position at the back of the blade plate. Removing can be a little tricky, squeeze the comb either side towards the rear of the comb and slide off. The combs are a nice tight fit so no worries of them accidentally slipping off mid haircut.
So once Mr Boo had come home from work I sent him in the bath as his hair is so much easier to cut after it has been washed. Upon him getting out (and dressed obviously) I set about giving him a much needed haircut. Now with any new hair clipper I do recommend using the grade above what you would usually use as there is always a little variance in cutting length between makes/models.
I’m pleased I opted to use a grade #2 as I felt it was short enough without scalping him, whereas his old clippers I had to use a grade #1. Cutting was smooth and combs glide easily across the scalp. Mr Boo has an all over even cut so I can’t tell you how well the tapering works but the tapering lever was easy to move when I came to do the outling along the neckline and sideburns.
Available from Littlewoods and all other good electrical retailers.
Boo Roo and Tigger Too’s thoughts…
Personally I was impressed with the combs and lightweight clipper, the teeth on the combs easily passed through Mr Boo’s hair. For Mr Boo… ‘the cut feels better with very few long strays hairs after cutting compared to the old clippers’. Mr Boo was also pleased not to have such a noisy clipper whizzing past his ears!
Hair clippers are an investment at around £70-£80, but when you consider a haircut can cost around £10 every 3/4 weeks it soon pays for itself.
As he likes his new hair clipper for Father’s Day I wonder if he’ll treat me to some new GHD‘s for our anniversary?