Just before Christmas we treated ourselves a new pair of sofas, in a lovely mid grey colour. A colour that had I not seen it in the showroom I’m not sure I would have selected but have completely fallen in love with. Having a small living room and previously owning dark coloured sofas they made the room feel smaller and darker than it actually was. The addition of a light sofa colour has made me think differently about about the décor for our living room.
Hopefully within the next year or so we will be renovating the living room along with the dining room, replacing the doors, architrave, skirting boards and coving alongside re-plastering the rooms. Until we have saved the money to do this I want to make the most of our new sofas with the addition of some new cushions that will hopefully form the basis for our new colour scheme once we are able to complete the works.
Since Christmas I have been on the hunt for the perfect set of cushions to add to our sofa. The problem is that there are so many different cushions to chose from. Take these six gorgeous cushions from Zazzle.co.uk, each one is beautiful in it’s own way… how do I chose which one to buy?
1. Monogram faux linen burlap rustic initial wedding – Last year we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and I really like this to highlight to the children just how long Mr Boo and I have been together. Just not sure that Mr Boo would be keen.
2. Geometric Chevron Herringbone Pattern Cushion – I really love this cushion, the soft pastel colours alongside a light grey really give me an idea on how I could include several colours within my living room rather than sticking with just one or two.
3. Oh cloud, it is raining triangles! + Monogram – How cute is this cushion? On the reverse you can add an initial, so love the idea that we could each have our very own cushion. Plus I think that it would work well with the geometric chevron herringbone pattern cushion creating a little mix and match look on my sofa.
4. Grey and White Chevron Cushion – A classic choice that I really like for adding a little statement piece to the sofa without being over the top and would fit in with almost all colour schemes.
5. I already want to take a nap tomorrow typography – I love this cushion simply because it embraces my love of sleeping, not sure it would be the perfect fit for my living room but I love it all the same.
6. Rustic Chic Family Monogram – I’m proud of my little family and think that this cushion embraces family. I’m not too sure on the colour so would need to see whether it comes in different colour options before selecting this one.
I don’t think I’m any closer to making a decision, I want them all!
How did you chose the cushions on your sofa?
Disclosure: This post is brought to you in collaboration with Zazzle