This is a gifted partnership
Last month we received the news that Granny’s dog Gwen was too poorly and needed to be put down. A Border Collie that had been in the family since the year before Roo was born, so was a good age. Over the years she had provided much love to all those lucky enough to meet her. Coming over to check on you whenever you sneezed etc. Whilst the children didn’t see Gwen all that often, she was thought of regularly. So the news that she needed to be put to sleep was sad for everyone.
Whilst Roo is a talker and will express how she is feeling, Tigger tends to withdraw and not really say anything unless really pressed for information. However, it was whilst he was playing the new Little Friends: Dogs & Cats on the Nintendo Switch, that I understood how sad he was about it all. Creating his own dog on the game called Gwen who he looks after, plays with and interacts with.
Little Friends: Dogs & Cats on Nintendo Switch
Choose from a variety of puppies and kittens to play with, feed, pet and dress up in an adorable simulation that’s fun for all ages. Get to know their personalities and feed them with their favourite food! Play with them using their favourite new toy, or take your puppy out for walks and compete in the flying disc tournament. Dress them up in over 600 stylish accessories to make them look their best. Care for your new furry friend to develop a long-lasting friendship.
- Meet your new best friend! Choose from 6 breeds of puppy and 3 cute kittens, including Labrador Retriever, German Shepherd and French Bulldog. Give your new friend a name, care for them and develop a bond with them. Lifelike animations help bring your little friends to life.
- Play with them! Use the Nintendo Switch touch screen to pet your new friend, or take your puppy pal out on walks to keep them as happy as you can. Play ball, practice for the flying disc tournament and unlock new toys as you play. Play with up to 3 pets at the same time, or use the hotel to keep up to 12 furry friends.
- Get to know them! Learn what your pet prefers to play and feed them with their favourite food. With hundreds of lifelike personality traits, getting to know what each pet prefers is important for bonding with your little friend.
- Dress up! Choose from over 600 stylish accessories to dress up your new companion. Once they’re ready, take screenshots to remember their amazing outfits.
- Look after them anytime, anywhere! Take care of your cats and dogs on the go, or put the console in the dock to continue playing on the TV.
Pet breeds available: Toy Poodle, Shiba, Chihuahua, French Bulldog, Labrador Retriever, German Shepherd, Japanese Cat, American Shorthair, Scottish Fold
Our thoughts on Little Friends: Dogs & Cats
Tigger has been playing this game for a few weeks now and has been a great source of therapy for him given the sad new about Granny’s dog. It is a game that allows him to sit, relax and interact with a range of dogs and cats. Learning how to take care of them, feed them their favourite food, play with them and watch how they interact with each other.
The game is aimed at children aged 3+ years, so is something that we might introduce to Piglet as I think that she would love the interaction with the dogs.
Where to buy Little Friends: Dogs & Cats
Little Friends: Dogs & Cats on the Nintendo Switch is available to buy from Amazon and all other good entertainment retailers.