Within my day job I usually wear an uniform, however there are occasions when I am required to attending training and meetings away from my ward. Not wanting to turn up in my jeans and a random jumper I have found in the morning rush I want to present myself better. I want to present myself as a professional as I want to make a good impression on those I meet as one day they might just be my work colleagues or even a future manager.
The trouble I have is that on the days I am required to dress smartly I usually have something on after work and little time to change so I’ve been looking at ways I can go from office chic to after work drinks with minimum effort. As I’m only required to ‘dress up’ once or twice a month I don’t want to spend too much on an interchangeable outfit. With this in mind I’ve been looking at George’s current dress range to see whether I could pick something up either in my local supermarket or order online and pick it up on my next shopping trip.
1. Handbag – Going straight from work to other engagements I need to have a bag that is big enough to hold everything I need without looking like a suitcase. I think I would be inclined to take the tassel off the side and jazz it up with a scarf during the day which I would then wear on an evening or vice versa.
2. Lace Fit and Flare Dress – The classic little black dress with a lace twist. I prefer to have a black base layer like this dress that I can then chose to add colour if I want too or continue with black accessories.
3. Check Wrap – Coats can be really quite annoying when you are sitting having a drink after work as they probably don’t match what you are wearing plus there is no where to store them. Adding a wrap will keep the chill off plus are much easier to pop through the handles my handbag to keep out of the way when I’m not wearing it.
4. Lightweight Cardigan – Wearing a little black dress to work might not be appropriate but slipping a colourful cardigan over the top turnings it into acceptable work place attire. Varying up your coloured cardigans will help keep the outfit fresh and nobody will notice that you have the same LBD on underneath.
5. Circle Drop Necklace – Accessories are something that makes or breaks an outfit, so having a few inexpensive necklaces and scarves that I can either dress up or dress down an outfit .
What do you think?
Will I look fabulous in both the office and any after work engagements?
Disclosure: This post is brought to you in collaboration with George