When it comes to letting the children go out on their scooters I insist that they must wear their helmets. They can be the most uncoordinated children at times, so as much as I am protecting them against the elements around them. I am in part protecting themselves from themselves. Scrapped knees and elbows can heal in a matter of days, whereas our heads are far more delicate is what I say to them as they pull a face against wearing their helmets.
Since we moved to our current home the children have been fortunate enough to have the additional space and freedom to utilise their scooters much more. Whether they are scooting to school, heading over to one of the parks or just scooting around burning off some energy. Although the weather at the moment is beautiful, they do still need to be visible to drivers and road users – even if they are scooting on the pathways. The addition of a ScootWize reflector from ExtraWize gives me the peace of mind that they visible as the light fades, or the clouds appear.
ExtraWize Scooter ScootWize Reflectors
Whilst most bicycles come with at least one small reflector on them they are somewhat visible to drivers and road users. However, cycling comes with its own laws including the use of lights. Scooters whilst mainly used on the pathways, however, do not have any rulings against them. This doesn’t mean that as parents we shouldn’t be considered with the safety of our children when using them. Adding a ScootWize reflector enables them to visible and with no batteries to worry about they can grab their scooters and go.
Easy to attached to the main stem of the scooter, the children are able to pop it on themselves. Which is great if they have been using them on their bicycles – or I’ve borrowed one for Piglet’s pushchair. With a silicone surround they are subtle and durable. Whilst the reflectors are visible to drivers up to 300m away. Placing the ScootWize reflector between 50-80cm from the ground on the scooter stem for optimal visibility to drivers and road users.
Where Can I Buy A ScootWize Reflector?
ScootWize reflector are available to buy directly from ExtraWize priced at £9.95 each. Currently available in a choice of three colours.
Win an ExtraWize ScootWize
To help you ensure your child’s scooter is visible to drivers then please pop over to our Instagram account for your chance to win – ends Sunday 27th May 2018 at 23.59pm
View this post on Instagram
***WIN*** ExtraWize ScootWize reflector Scooters have become hugely popular over recent years. Whilst parents understand the need for a helmet, how many have thought about how visible their child is whilst out on their scooter? The ScootWize reflector from @extrawize provides a solution to this. The silicone surround makes attaching the reflector to the scooter easy (even the child can do it). Whilst the three reflectors offer visibility to drivers up to 300m away. For your chance to win an ExtraWize ScootWize reflector in Glowing, simply follow the instructions below: 1. Follow the @littleboo_21 and @extrawize instagram accounts 2. Tag a friend in the comments below who you think would also love to win this prize. Closing date: Sunday 27th May at 23.59pm – UK entries only (full terms and conditions available via the link in my bio) CLOSED – Winner is @raisingtherings
Terms & Conditions:
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for those associated with the production company, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date – Sunday 27th May 2018 (23.59pm).
- One entrant shall receive an ExtraWize ScootWize in glowing.
- The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. The prize is subject to availability.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly, the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- Boo Roo and Tigger Too is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the Promoter.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- Winners are required to make contact within 28 days if a winner fails to respond a new winner will be selected.