Now I’m going to show you all my true ungrateful colours…
I’m tired of receiving presents that I’m a) allergic to b) had no thought process behind other than ‘oh that will do’ or c) completely useless.
Now I’m not quite as bad as Rachel from Friends (I don’t return presents, but given the option I probably would).
So… Anyone who is thinking of what to buy me this year here is a list of what NOT to buy me…
1. Perfume – unless you have gone to the trouble to a) ask me what perfume I wear or b) took a sneaky look in my bathroom cabinet whilst using the loo
2. Smelly gift sets – I am allergic to most shower gels, moisturisers and bath bombs… if you really MUST buy me a smelly gift set please choose Dove
3. Candles – I do not do flames (I blame my mother as I am a winter baby so during the summer I would use the gas fire to pull myself up on and get my fingers smacked… result, I can not light matches, lighters, candles etc)
4. Watches – I don’t wear them, I am very happy to drift through life not knowing the time, anyway my mobile has the time on it if I really must know the time
5. Make-up – I wear very little make-up and what I do wear I stick to the same brand and colours so will not make full use of a make-up box and you will be wasting your money