Ever feel like the house is overrun with kids’ stuff or clutter? Dream of the oasis of an adult’s only room where you can’t stand on Lego, no creepy dolls eye-balling you and the only snacks on offer are cheese & wine?
As a parent, it is hard trying to grasp precious moments to yourself, with your partner or entertaining friends, but we know you deserve it.
Creating my own adults-only escape
Whilst I have looked longingly at the amazing shedquarters that house home offices at the bottom of the garden. The ones where you can simply close the door at the end of the day, walk up the garden path and into your home for an evening on the sofa watching TV. This sounds idyllic, however, as much as I would love to shut my work away at the end of the day. What I really want to do is to escape to a somewhere that is just for me. Within reach of the children and the home comforts (toilet and refreshments) as needed but the idea of a home away from home at the bottom of the garden really appeals to me.
Now, I don’t just want a converted shed at the bottom of my garden. If I’m going to do this correctly, then it has to be a log cabin. One with a veranda on the front so that on warm summers evenings I can opt to sit outside and watch the sunset. Whilst as the autumn weather takes hold and the winter is knocking at the door, I want somewhere warm and cosy to retreat to. This is where the furniture and furnishings come into play.
My adults-only escape room would be somewhere I can snuggle into an armchair, with a classic Jane Austen novel in my hand. With a chunky knit throw on hand for when it gets chilly, or just because I fancy snuggling into the soft fibres. Keeping the space light and quite minimalist (compared to the clutter of children’s toys and accessories I find in the house).
With a palette of greys in the armchair, rug, and throws. Whilst mustard tones add that element of interest in cushions, vases, and accessories. A couple of typography prints added to the walls to offer me inspiration in times when my day has overwhelmed me and I need to realign my centre. I’d love to add a mixture pompom bunting and fairy lights around the top of the room too but fear that maybe I’m a little ‘old’ for such touches – however, as this is my space, if I want pompoms, I can have pompoms.
Create your perfect adult-only escape
That’s why Tiger Sheds are welcoming you to join in their competition to create the dream room for adults only! No, we don’t mean all that 50 shades business, we’re talking style, comfort and ultimately no children allowed!
We want you to create the perfect escape within one of our garden buildings. You might want a petite reading nook in a Shiplap Apex Shed or go grand and include a comfortable sofa in a Garden Studio. Whichever it is we want you to style it as your perfect room!
For your chance to win a £250 John Lewis voucher, simply produce a post on your own blog describing what your dream adult’s oasis looks like. You can write, use imagery, sketches, Pinterest… any way you wish! Then all you have to do is share your blog link in the comments below.
Competition Start Date: 08/11/17 // Competition End Date: 30/11/17
UK Applicants Only
Create your own Adult Only Space Winner
Reading through all the magnificent entries, have made me jealous in so many different ways. It’s interesting to see how we would all use the space in different ways, along with some amazing decorations and accessories. There can only be one winner, which after careful consideration (and I little help from Tiger Sheds as I found it hard to get it down to the final one), drumroll, please…
The German Wife with her beautiful plans of knocking down a brick garage and replacing it with a log cabin. We all need to see less concrete and bricks in our lives so this pleases me somewhat. Her decor ideas had me ready to pack a bag and move in with her -I promise to pay the wine charge in order to gain entry. It was her idea of a large map on the wall embroidered with special places, places travelled and those still to explore – what a beautiful idea.
The German Wife: Creating my very own Adults Only Space!
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is £250 to spend at John Lewis provided by Tiger Sheds. There is no cash alternative.
- Entrants must create a blog post depicting their adult’s only escape.
- The blog post must include a link to the Tiger Sheds website.
- Once completed the entrant must comment on the host bloggers blog post including a link to their competition entry post.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Boo Roo and Tigger too and Tiger Sheds
- By entering, you give permission for your competition entry to be published on the websites of Tiger Sheds, any social media account controlled by the Promoter, and you grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use and publish your Competition entry in electronic format and to adapt the entry to enable such publication (including to crop or otherwise edit it for such purposes).
- One Entry per blog.
- Competition closes on 30th November 2017 at 23.59pm.
- The winner will be judged by the Boo Roo and Tigger too team and contacted by email.
- The winner will be informed within 7 days of the closing date and will need to respond within 28 days.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- The prize will be given directly by Tiger Sheds within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address.
- Entry to this competition, confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- This is a joint promotion between Boo Roo and Tigger too and Tiger Sheds.
- Boo Roo and Tigger too decision is final.