I am incredibly honoured to have the wonderful Maggy from RedTedART on my blog today. She has been a source of inspiration to me when it comes to completing crafts with the children. And I’ve even bought her book to give to the children’s teachers at the end of the school year. Today she is sharing some fantastic Christmas Crafts for Kids. So over to Maggy…
Hello hello! So lovely to be here today to share our love for easy crafts for kids with you today!!! We do love to craft and we particularly love the Christmas season for crafting – the days grow shorter and colder, and it is time to head indoors, get cozy with a cup of hot chocolate and get crafty! We have a great selection for Christmas Crafts for Kids for you to check out and browse, however we have brought together our favourite ideas for you hear. They are hopefully a good mix of ideas. Some for independent crafting and some for “working together”. I do hope you enjoy these DIY ideas and will have a go this Christmas season!
- First up we have some super cute TP Roll Reindeers. We first came up with this Rudolph DIY many years ago and still have the original little guy. A nice combination of recycling and nature crafting! Making this not only a sweet craft, but also a thrifty Christmas craft!
- Whilst on the topic of TP Rolls, did you know it is REALLY easy to make your own DIY Christmas Crackers? These are probably one of my favourite makes – the kids will love to decorate the crackers and you can fill them with your own favourite jokes and trinkets!
- We also have some handy Christmas Printables for you – like these AMAZING Christmas Flextangle toys – they are fun to colour and assemble and make never-ending fidget toys. So cool!
- If you fancy more printable (3D) fun, we also have these beautiful 3D Christmas Trees that you can colour yourself. These make beautiful mantel piece decorations.
- These cute printable Angels are the PERFECT Kids Craft – whether in the classroom, at home or on Christmas Day. When my kids first made these, they literally made about 20 in a row as they enjoyed them so much!
- Love love these or so simple Origami Penguin Cards – they are so simple and so very cute to make and perfect for popping in the post!
- If you are feeling Penguin inspired, we have more EASY origami fun, with great Origami Envelopes, that are easily and quickly turned into Penguin Origami Envelopes – check out the Polar Bear and Owls too!
- Finally, we ADORE DIY Bookmarks over on Red Ted Art and literally have a different DIY Bookmark Design for every season – perfect for Christmas, are of course these CUTE (!!!) Reindeer Bookmark Corners. Love!
- We have a thing about DIY Christmas Ornaments (they make such amazing and wonderful little keepsakes.. and there are SO many ornaments that kids can make!), but I would like to “highlight” these cute little button trees… I love anything to do with buttons and I think it is great to introduce the kids into a little sewing!
I hope you enjoy this sample of Christmas Craft ideas and that you know feel equipped to get Christmas Crafty with the kids!
A big thank you to Maggy for sharing these wonderful crafts, time to get the supplies out and enjoy an afternoon of crafting fun.