Like any family, holidays are very much the highlight of the calendar and are counted down to with much anticipation. Planning a holiday when you have three children in completely different age categories is difficult. What might be ideal for one or maybe two of them, might not be so great for the third. Butlins, however, seem to take all age groups on board and offer something for everyone.
Butlins Just For Tots
The Butlins Just For Tots four-day breaks has been designed for children aged 5 and under. Providing a host of activities and shows starting early (for all those early risers) and finishing off with bedtime stories. With a range of character shows showcasing pre-schoolers favourites from Thomas & Friends, Angelina Ballerina and Fireman Sam. Alongside this add a range of activities from arts and crafts to Play Doh fun and music and movement classes. There is something to keep the little ones occupied and entertained.
- Bob the Builder – Join Bob as he tells us all about tool safety and how important it is to keep a tidy tool station
- Mike the Knight – Join Mike the Knight and his sister Evie, as they go on a mission to write and perform the Glendragon anthem but there is a slight problem – Evie has lost her wand!
- Angelina Ballerina – Angelina is preparing for a talent show, however, there is a mix up with the invitation and suddenly the post lady needs to learn to dance. Can Angelina help her learn in time for the audition?
- Thomas and Friends – Join in the fun with Rusty, Dusty and the Fat Controller in Thomas’ Race Day adventures. Lots of fun and games to be had with help from all the little ones in the audience too
- Fireman Sam – Norman Price is out causing trouble and Fireman Sam helps to show him about fire safety
- Skyline Gang – The Skyline Gang are back with three different shows to entertain and delight you. Follow them as Misty plays tricks on them, they try to save a blue Gorilla and stop a volcano exploding!
- Mister Maker Live – Join Mister Maker and the shapes for some crafting fun, with songs and helpers from the audience. You’ll find yourself singing ‘I am a shape’ for the rest of the day.
- Dave Benson Phillips – The classic children’s presenter showcases his musical talents in an audience-participation show. Get ready to sing, dance and move your bodies!
- Aladdin Rocks – Take a seat and enjoy the remastered show with a twist. Follow the story of a poor street urchin, Aladdin, who discovers a magic lamp and a whole new world of wonders and adventures.
- Billy Buffalo – Join Billy and Bonnie Bear in the wild west whilst they try to rescue the town from bandits.
- Oliver’s Animal Adventures – Follow Oliver as he goes on an adventure, meeting many animals along the way in some amazing places, in this on-stage live reading
Billy & Bonnie Bear
It wouldn’t be Butlins without Billy and Bonnie Bear. During the Just For Tots break your little ones have some amazing opportunities to meet and greet with them both. From live shows within the Skyline Pavilion and Centre Stage as well as popping up for photo sessions too. As we stayed in the Shoreline Hotel, we were able to enjoy a character breakfast with both Billy and Bonnie Bear (I believe you can book this separately if you are staying in an apartment, but best to check via guest services).
Little Tikes has been part of my children’s childhoods since they started walking (we still have Roo’s original Little Tikes slide in the garden, some 9 years later). So you can imagine my delight in finding that they had taken over the Sand Dune Buggy track and replaced it with Coupe, scooters and Little Tikes toys. A fun way for little ones to burn off some energy whilst test driving a range of Little Tikes toys (a great way to get ideas for Christmas and birthdays).
As well as the Sand Dune Buggy takeover, Little Tikes had also added a range of water toys within the Splash Waterworld. With water tables and squirt guns to have a good water fight with, what could be more fun?
Alongside the range of shows, swimming pool and fairground there was also a selection of activities included within the Just For Tots break…
- Indoor Soft Play Area
- Tots Disco
- Arts & Crafts
- Play-Doh crafts
- Music and movement
Boo Roo and Tigger Too’s thoughts…
What a week we had, from the moment we arrived the fun and activities started. After grabbing our first meal in the Shoreline Hotels South Coast we had a quick look at the activity planner to see what our first evening would entail. The Skyline Gang is a favourite of both Roo and Tigger so it seems only fitting that we should kick-start the week off with one of their shows.
At first glance, I worried that this would be an amazing week for Piglet and even Tigger, but what would Roo do? Being Butlins, I needed not to worry as alongside the character shows there was still a host of activities for Roo. From the fairground, Splash Waterworld, indoor play area and live shows to enjoy. Plus I think it was a great opportunity for her to sit and enjoy the character shows and not worry that they might be a little young for her. Of course, the Skyline Gang was the highlight of the trip for her with three different shows for her to watch throughout the break.
The Just For Tots breaks offer entertainment and activities that are tailored for toddlers and pre-schoolers. Although older siblings and parents will also enjoy all the fun that Butlins has to offer. You can make the excuse that you are just joining in for the children but you too will soon be singing along to the songs and dancing in your seat.
Disclosure: We were invited to Butlins Bognor Regis for the Just For Tots break FOC for the purpose of review.