Saving water in the current climate couldn’t be any more important, both for saving money and helping the environment. Since April 2017, businesses up and down the UK have had free reign to switch business water retailers, yet very few still do. Here are four reasons why you should consider switching.
Money Saving Opportunities
There is lots of money to be saved by switching business water retailers, some of which include:
- Lower rates: Finding a better deal at a new retailer can significantly reduce the amount you pay on your monthly water bill.
- Better Contact Terms: Other retailers might offer longer contracts with fixed rates meaning you can plan your spending better.
- Optimised billing schedules: Some retailers will offer you flexible billing alternatives such as monthly billings instead of quarterly, which means you can avoid the big sums and manage your cash flow.
- Better Water Efficiency: Other retailers might offer water-saving equipment and advice to help you reduce your water usage, saving you money.
- Accurate meter readings: Ensuring your meters are accurate will help save you money by making sure you are only paying for the water you have used.
Switching business water retailers can help you take advantage of these opportunities and reduce your overall water bill rates.
Better Customer Service
Customer service is often an area that many buyers tend to forget about and don’t realise the importance of it. There are many benefits to having improved customer service with your provider; these include the following:
- Quicker response times: Better customer service means faster response rates, getting you an answer to your query as fast as possible.
- Personalised service: With great customer service comes better advice that is accustomed to you, giving you personalised attention and support.
- Improved technology: A good retailer will have improved technology that makes it quick and easy for you to get to a support agent as well as manage your account.
- Dedicated personnel: Many retailers issue a support agent to your company, meaning that you can form a familiar relationship and receive consistent results/answers.
Customer service should be at the forefront of any business. If you notice this is lacking with your current business water retailer, it may be time to consider switching to a new retailer.
Location can be a massive factor in why you should switch business water retailer, as it can bring many helpful benefits to your business.
If your business has expanded to a new location or area, a new water retailer might be able to offer a more complimentary package and service to your location.
They also may have better expertise in supplying water to that specific area, which can be extremely helpful in the race to save water.
By opting for a retailer that is closer to your premises, you also cut down on travel time and are much more likely to receive an urgent response should it be needed.
Lastly, local retailers might be improving the infrastructure in that area, which means you can take advantage of the latest technology, leading to improved water, reliability, and availability.
Always consider location when looking for the perfect business water retailer, as it will be easier to find a service that is tailored to your area.
If your carbon footprint is important for your business (which it should be), you will always look for new ways to improve your sustainability. A great way to do so is by switching to a more sustainable business water retailer.
Reasons they could be more sustainable are:
- Better water management: Some retailers will have more advanced technology regarding sustainable water management practices. This could be through advanced technology that reduces the amount of wastewater, conserves resources, and reduces the overall impact on the environment.
- Reuse of water: Many retailers offer recycling practices where they will reuse water in order to reduce the amount withdrawn from rivers, lochs, and other water sources.
- Sustainable business practices: Some retailers will have a strong commitment to saving the environment and will make any kind of waste reduction and recycling opportunities available to you.
Before finalising your decision on a business water retailer, you should always look into their sustainability practices and ensure they share the same values in becoming better for the future.
Water is a finite resource, and in many regions of the world, it is becoming increasingly scarce. As a business, you are responsible for saving as much water as possible.
There are many reasons why you might want to switch business water retailers. If you notice any of these opportunities aren’t made available to you in your current package, then it may be time to consider a switch to a new retailer.
Will you be switching retailers anytime soon?