A few years ago if I told you that I headed to the freezer on busy days to whip up a meal for the family. I probably would have been mocked for it. In fact, I wouldn’t have even confessed to reaching for a packet of chicken nuggets for fear of comments about doing so. Nowadays brands such as Bird’s Eye take the quality of their frozen range very seriously. With a recent overhaul of their entire chicken range. Which for us as a family is fantastic, with a selection of crumbs and grills which are perfect with veg and potatoes. To the golden wholegrain nuggets which the children adore. Made with golden wholegrain they can be incorporated into family meal times in so many ways.
Let me share with you two of our family teatime favourites, both tasty dishes made with Bird’s Eye frozen chicken range…
Bird’s Eye Golden Wholegrain Nuggets Kebabs
Whether we are running short on time or I am just looking to get the children involved in the preparation of dinner. Making Bird’s Eye Golden Wholegrain Nuggets Kebabs are always a winner. Such a simple concept but one that can be put together in minutes. Then whilst it is cooking the children can get washed and changed, school bags can be unpacked and I can set the table ready for dinner.
- Bird’s Eye Golden Wholegrain Nuggets – 3 per kebab
- Selection of peppers – or whatever is needing to be used up in the fridge (mushrooms, onion, cherry tomatoes etc)
- Kebab skewers
- Wash the vegetables you want to add to the kebabs – peppers are always a favourite here
- Slice the vegetables into large cubes (approx 3cm)
- Grab a bag of Bird’s Eye Golden Wholegrain Nuggets from the freezer
- Taking a kebab skewer feed a Golden Wholegrain nugget onto it, followed by a cube of pepper – the children’s favourite part
- Repeat until you have around 3 pieces of each on the skewer
- Place on an oven tray and cook at 180C for 15-18 mins
- Serve with a selection of dips, salad, fries or garlic bread
Bird’s Eye Chicken Chargrills Wraps
For the ultimate easy dinner create your own wraps are the way to go. Perfect for busy family teatimes, or even a makeshift BBQ idea (when you can’t be bothered to get the BBQ out, heat it up, cook and then clean it). We tend to opt for the Bird’s Eye Chicken Chargrill range, however, the batter and crumb versions are equally tasty.
- Bird’s Eye Chicken Chargrills, made with 100% chicken breast – available in Original, Sweet & Sticky BBQ, Peri-Peri and Soy, Ginger & Garlic
- Tortilla wraps – you could also use pitta bread or sandwich thins
- Complimentary sauce
- Place the Bird’s Eye Chicken Chargrills (in a flavour of your choice) on a baking tray. Allow 1-2 pieces per person
- Cook at 190C for 20-22 minutes
- Whilst the Bird’s Eye Chicken Chargrills are in the oven, place the salad in a large bowl, and grab a complimentary sauce selection
- Just before the oven timer beeps, place the tortilla wraps on another oven tray and pop into the oven for 2-3 minutes to warm them through
- Remove the chicken and tortilla wraps from the oven. Place the tortilla wraps onto a serving plate and add to the table.
- Slice the chicken chargrills into 1cm thick slices before adding to a serving dish
- Let everyone dig in and create their own chicken chargrills wrap filled with salad and sauce for an easy and tasty tea.
So in the words of Tigger… #WinnerWinnerChickenDinner!
What are your go-to easy and tasty teatime favourites?