AD | Gifted
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins (plus chilling time)
- 400g of turkey thigh mince
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp dried Italian style herbs
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 480g McCain French Fries
- Salad leaves
- Bread buns/rolls
For the mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- ½ fresh lemon
- Place the mince in a large mixing bowl and add the chopped onion, herbs, beaten egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Using wet clean hands to stop the mixture sticking, shape the burgers by dividing the mixture into four. Pop the burgers into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 240°C / Gas Mark 9.
- Pre heat the grill to medium (or heat a grill pan if preferred) – Personally I prefer to use my Tefal Optigrill
- Grate the zest from the lemon into the mayo along with the juice for the lemon. Mixand chill until needed.
- Spread some McCain French Fries in a single layer on a large oven sheet and bake in the oven for 14-16 minutes or until they are crisp and golden.
- While the fries are cooking, place the burgers on the grill tray or grill pan, drizzle with a little olive oil and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side, ensuring they are cooked through before serving.
- Serve in buns with the McCain French Fries, salad leaves and lemon mayo.
This recipe is great with a multitude of herbs, so experiment with different flavours depending on your taste buds.