Where Thomas and his friends are in holly, jolly Christmas spirits, ready to be Santa’s engine helpers! Percy brings holiday fun to Reg at the scrapyard, while Duncan tries to overcome his bah humbug attitude. Thomas clears the snowy tracks so Connor can race passengers home in time for Christmas. James causes confusion and delay helping Duck get unstuck, as an old friend returns to Sodor bringing Percy the perfect gift. Join Thomas & Friends™ as they deliver Christmas cheer!
Run Time: 68 minutes
Bonus Features: It’s Christmas Time music video | Calling All Engines! – Toby and Henry | Mr. Perkins’ Storytime – A Scarf for Percy | Mr. Perkins’ Postcard – Tidmouth Sheds | The Earl’s Quiz – No Snow for Thomas and Merry Winter Wish | Who’s That Engine? – Emily
Featuring five Christmas episodes:
- Last Train for Christmas – It’s Christmas Eve on the Island of Sodor and everyone is hurrying around trying to get home for Christmas. As Connor departs the station her promises the remaining passengers that he’ll be back to the last train for Christmas. After collecting extra carriages he sets off trying to make sure that everyone makes it home for Christmas however heavy snow soon starts to fall and the Fat Controller decides it’s too dangerous for the engines to be out. With Connor still collecting passengers the other engines have to work together to ensure that they all get home safely.
- Long Lost Friend – With Gator arriving back on the Island of Sodor he asks Thomas to let his old friend Percy know that he is back. Gator is busy trying to deliver an order of rock salt, however the delivery note has gotten wet and nobody knows where it has to go, so he is sent off to the Blue Mountain Quarry. After Percy hears that Gator is back he tries to track him down however as nobody knows where the rock salt should be delivered Gator is being sent from place to place and poor Percy keeps missing him.
- Duncan the Humbug – Duncan has been complaining about the cold and everything else and causing the other engines to lose their Christmas spirit. The engines are old that they are all to receive a new coat of paint for Christmas, however when Duncan arrives at the Sodor Steamworks to be repainted he is told that he will only get his new coat of paint if he can be cheerful for the rest of the day.
- Duck in the Water – One wet winter’s day Duck is at Knapford Station when James pulls in pulling a passenger train. James teases Duck for having to pull trucks and when Duck points out that James sometimes has to pull trucks too, James responds by saying that passengers prefer to have a bright red engine pulling their coaches. Later that day Duck gets stuck on a flooded piece of track and James has to fetch Rocky to help get him out of trouble.
- The Perfect Gift – With Christmas approaching the Island of Sodor is decorating and getting ready for the festivities. The scrapyard however doesn’t look very festive and Percy worries that Reg is missing out on all the decorations. Reg however is happy with his scrap and Percy soon discovers that Reg is celebrating Christmas in his own way and making Christmas decorations from his scrap.
Boo Roo and Tigger Too’s thoughts…
There is no mistaking Tigger’s love of Thomas & Friends episodes and films. With Christmas approaching I was pleased to see that there was a new Thomas & Friends DVD available for him to enjoy. Settling down to watch the Thomas & Friends The Christmas Engines DVD at the weekend he was hooked from the moment he heard the familiar theme tune starting.
With five episodes included within the DVD it is long enough to keep little ones entertained for an hour without them getting bored and wandering off. In-between each episode there is a bonus feature played, whether it be the Fat Controller telling us about Toby and Henry, the Earl of Sodor quizzes us on our observational skills and the lovely Mr Perkins reads a little story. I love that these are included within the breaks rather than dashing off straight into another episode.
Price and Availability
Disclosure: We received a promotional copy of Thomas & Friends: The Christmas Engines on DVD FOC for the purpose of review.