Teething is one of those stages that if I’m honest I’ve dreaded with each of my children. Knowing just how an uncomfortable toothache can be my heart goes out to them as soon as I see their rosy red cheeks. They change from happy smiling babies into grizzling, irritable, drooling babies who quite frankly don’t know what to do with themselves.
Common signs of teething
- Red cheeks
- Swollen, bulging gums – with possibly a tooth visible below the gum
- Trouble sleeping
- Trying to bite, chew, and suck on everything
- Rubbing their face
- Rejecting food
Over the years we have tried many different types of teething toys and solutions. Piglet seems happiest with chewing on her own fingers at the moment. However, brands such as Cheeky Chompers, Sophie la Girafe and Gummee have all played a part in soothing her teething gums.
Top Teething Toys
Cheeky Chompers Neckerchew
Cheeky Chompers have a wide range of teething toys from comfortchew, chewy and neckerchew. It is the Cheeky Chompers Neckerchew that I find are a great help especially if you have a baby who wears the bandana style bibs. With a chew section located at the bottom of the necker it is always there ready to be chewed on when required.
Sophia La Girafe
Aiding teething babies and gums since 1961, Sophie la Girafe looks like a simple baby toy. However, she is so much more – with nibbly ears, nose, and legs she is the perfect size for little hands to hold and chew on to soothe aching gums.
Nuby distributes their products to over 155 countries worldwide, so it just goes to show you how much love there is for the brand. The range of different Nuby teethers is what first drew me to the brand back when Tigger was teething. The colourful teethers are not only soothing their gums but stimulating babies eyes and touch too.
As recommended by parents
Take a look at the teething toys recommendations from the #BlogBumpClub community…
- Raising The Rings – Ooh my boys loved Sophie La Girafe!
- My Family Fever – Mine loved Bo the Frog – natural rubber, the perfect size for small hands and ethically made too
- The Smallest of Things – Matchstick Monkey! My nearly 4-month-old finds it so easy to hold.
- Belle du Brighton – Comotomo were Arlo’s faves… they’re like little fingers but had a ring he could hold! He wasn’t a fan of Sophie but his sister loved hers!
- Emily and Indiana – The Wacko Teether by Nuby was a favourite with both of mine! Easy to hold, lots of different bits to chomp on and fit easily in the changing bag
- LesBeMums – T loved Sofie and the Comotomo when he was younger, but now he LOVES the Molar Mallet by Gummee. It really works. Still uses it now.
- Mummy to My Little Cheeky Monkey – Freddie loves his Sophie!
- Pondering Parenthood – Little M loves Sophie la Giraffe and her Nuby UK teething rings.
- Mummy Is A Gadget Geek – My kids have all loved my teething necklaces – Mamajewels, Gumigem, and NibBling are my favourites (and theirs too!)
To help your little one whilst they are teething, Boo Roo and Tigger Too have a Cheeky Chompers Windy Day Neckerchew to giveaway.
To enter, simply complete the Gleam widget below:
Disclosure: This is a featured giveaway