Roo’s school is very hot on walking to school, even for those parents who need to drop their children off in the car are asked to park a street or two away ‘Park and Stride’. We live a 15-20 minute walk from the school and whilst walking is the best form of exercise it can get boring. So when Roo was a Maxi Micro Scooter to review I wondered if this would liven up our school runs.
When it came to choosing which pre-school and school Roo would attend we opted for one with an outstanding Ofsted report, however it was right on the edge of our catchment area. Having only one child at the time we thought nothing of the 15-20 minute walk to get there. The problem we face now is that when I pick Roo up from school in the afternoon’s we have the walk home plus an extra 10 minutes to Tigger’s day nursery. Walking can soon get boring and so adding a Maxi Micro Scooter to our school run has made Roo more enthusiastic about the journey.
The award winning Maxi Micro scooters are available in a rainbow of colours (orange, green, purple, black, green, red, pink and blue) and are suitable for children aged 6-12 years.
Maxi Micro Scooter key features:
- 3 puncture free wheels
- A substantial rear brake (some scooters don’t have one at all)
- Intuitive tilt and lean scooting style
- Adjustable handlebar height meaning the scooter will grow with your child
- Ample opportunity to accessorise your scooter
- Scooting allows your child the independence they crave while being safe and getting exercise.
One of the key differences between a Micro Scooter and an average scooter is the tilt and lean scooting style. Roo previous had a twist and turn style scooter which made the transition to the Micro Scooter a little confusing for her. It only took a few practice sessions before she got the hang of it and is now happily whizzing along.
The height adjustable handlebar allows both Roo and Tigger to be able to take turns on the scooter which a simple click of the locking mechanism. As Tigger has not used a scooter before he grasped the tilt and lean scooting style much easier than Roo although as he is a little unsteady on his feet he thankfully doesn’t go half as fast as Roo does.
Maxi Micro Scooters are priced from £94.95 depending on colour choice.
Whether your child is just beginning to use a scooter or whether their are a seasoned pro they should be wearing a helmet. Helmets I realise may not be the height of fashion however Micro Safety Helmets do come in an array of funky colours and patterns so I’m sure you can find one that would suit your little one. Roo opted for the Neon Dot pattern and I have to say it is very funky!
Micro Safety Helmet key features:
- Helmets are suitable for scooter and bicycle riding
- Flexible adjustment wheel to ensure the best fit
- Extra padding for comfort and safety
- Air vents to keep the head cool while on the move
- Available in two sizes – Small: 48-52cm and Medium 53-58cm
- Available in 18 different colours/patterns
Carry your own bags
Maxi Micro Rucksack & Lunch Box key features
- The rucksack will fit a PE kit and school books
- Detachable insulated lunchbag
- Fits quickly on to your scooter easing the strain on your child’s back
- Tough and durable material