Today is National Puzzle Day, the day we say a big thank you to the British engraver and map maker who designed the humble puzzle back in 1760. Since the puzzle’s birth it has enchanted families and continues to educate and entertain to this day.
As regular readers of Boo Roo and Tigger Too will know I have been brought up doing jigsaw puzzles at my Granny’s house and it is something that both Roo and Tigger have picked up and enjoy too.
According to a survey commissioned by Jumbo, the manufacturer of Wasgij the No. 1 adult jigsaw puzzle range*, the top most unusual places to complete a puzzle include the garage, the bedroom, the attic, outside and even the shed!
Research by Trendbox in April 2013 found that today’s puzzlers are most likely to play in the comfort of their lounge but that doesn’t stop people puzzling in the more unusual locations. 11% puzzle in the bedroom and 14% in even more unusual places!
The study of over 1,000 adults also showed that 71% of puzzlers with children enjoy a puzzle with their kids and 31% puzzle weekly.
*Source: NPD YTD Oct 2013
It it easy to get children (and adults) of all ages involved in jigsaws, from the basic two piece ones that match shapes, colours or tops and bottoms of people, to elaborate 3D puzzles and ones with thousands of pieces.
To enter pop over to Jumbo Puzzles website and tell me which puzzle you would most like to complete and why, then complete the Rafflecopter widget below. Additional optional entries are also available.
Closing date: Friday 14th February 2014 @ 23.59pm
Competition Terms & Conditions:
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for those associated with the production company, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
3. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
4. One entrant shall win a Disney Frozen Trio Jigsaw Puzzle from Jumbo Puzzles subject to availability.
5. The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
6. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. The prize is subject to availability.
7. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
8. Boo Roo and Tigger Too is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the Promoter.
9. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
10. Winners are required to make contact within 7 days, if a winner fails to respond a new winner will be selected.