With the beginning of another New Year it is time to look forward to the future, to start making plans and set goals for the year ahead. This year to help keep myself focused I have decided to put together a 2016 bucket list.
My 2016 bucket list
We have lived in our small terraced house for almost 10 years. Over the years we have renovated almost every room (just the staircase remaining) however we have now outgrown the space. Whilst Piglet is still in the crib in our room we are managing but when she needs to transfer into a cot we would need to do a serious shuffle in order for this to happen.
- Arrange for the house to be valued and carry out any changes required
- Put the house on the market
- Sell our home and find somewhere bigger to rent in the short term until we know what is happening with my work
Due to the recent closure of my Community Hospital I currently have no day job to return to following my maternity leave. Final decisions about what will happen to affected staff have not yet been made so I am unsure as to whether I will be returning to a new department or gaining redundancy.
- Liaise with my union and HR regarding my return to work options
- Decide whether I wish to return to work, take redundancy or seek employment elsewhere
Having two older children (Roo, 9 and Tigger, 5) we have been quite lucky in that we can simply hop in the car and head off on a day trip somewhere. With the addition of Piglet we are hoping to still be able to make the most of our family days together and continue to hop in the care whenever the fancy takes us.
- Renew our Merlin Annual Passes
- Visit Birmingham to enjoy Drayton Manor Park (and Thomas Land), SEALIFE Centre Birmingham and Cadbury World
- Visit Alton Towers, Legoland and Chessington World of Adventures
- Enjoy a girls day out in London with Roo
This summer will see the 5th birthday of Boo Roo and Tigger Too and I feel I need to mark it in some way. Last year saw us named as one of the Top 10 Baby Blogs of 2015, my very first blogging award and I’m rather quite pleased with myself.
- Comment on more blogs and share the good work of my fellow bloggers
- Promote the #ToyTuesday linky and gain more blogs linking up
- Thank my readers for reading my site by collaborating with brands on giveaways
- Attend Britmums and Blog On MOSI conferences
I’m sure that throughout the year I will be adding new items to my bucket list especially as I hopefully start to cross some of these goals off.