Who’s up for some cooking? Fruit Bowl’s fruity snacks aren’t just for nibbling straight from the pack, they make a tasty addition to your kitchen too. Delicious recipes that kids will love help make them as much as munching the end result. Feeling inspired? Then let’s go!
Fruit Bowl Dino Yoghurt Eggs
Hip-hop-hooray, Easter is on its way and UK based children’s snacks and treats company, Fruit Bowl, are celebrating with their delicious Dino Yogurt Eggs which are a cracking alternative Easter treat for children to enjoy!
Perfect for when your mini dinosaur is peckish to prehistoric proportions, for adding into an Easter Egg Hunt or topping an eggstra yummy Easter baked treat, like the scrumptious Fruit Bowl Dino Egg Rocky Roaaard recipe, included below.
Dino Yoghurt Eggs are made with real fruit and feature juicy raisins covered in a creamy yoghurt shell, with red, green and blue speckled yoghurt dinosaur eggshells made using all-natural colours.
Perfect for Easter Egg Hunts
Wrapped in individual bags, making them perfect for outdoor Easter Egg hunts, each bag comes with T-Rex, Pterodactyl, Velociraptor or Triceratops characters on the front, with the outer packaging featuring dinosaur footprints and a dinosaur egg speckle.
Where to buy Fruit Bowl Dino Yoghurt Eggs
Dino Yogurt Eggs are available to purchase from Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons and Tesco stores nationwide, as well as online at Ocado and Fruit Bowl’s website for RRP £2.00.
Fruit Bowl Dino Egg Rocky ROAAARD Recipe
Total cooking time: 25 mins
Cooling Time: 3 hours
- 300g milk chocolate, roughly broken into pieces (cooking chocolate or one with at least 35% cocoa solids works best)
- 60g golden syrup
- 125g butter or baking spread
- 140g Fruit Bowl Dino Yogurt Eggs (7 packs)
- 90g mini pink and / white marshmallows
- 3 x 16g Fruit Bowl Raspberry Peelers, chopped into approximately 1cm pieces (Any other flavour would work too)
- 2 x 18g Fruit Bowl Strawberry Fruit Flakes (Any other flavour would work too)
- 100g Nice biscuits
- Line a 20cm x 20cm springform cake tin with greaseproof paper
- Put the biscuits into a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin to break them up. Pieces should range from dust to up to 2cm.
- Put the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a small heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Cool the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the broken biscuits, chopped peeler pieces, fruit flakes, 4 packs of the Dino Yogurt Eggs and the mini marshmallows into a large bowl and lightly mix with a spoon.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the top and mix until the chocolate coats the mixture. Be careful not to over mix it.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top with the back of a metal tablespoon. Scatter the Dino Yogurt Eggs from the other 3 packs over the top and press them in lightly with the back of the spoon.
- Pop in the refrigerator to set for 3 hours.
- Once set, cut into 20 square pieces and enjoy with your friends and family!
This recipe belongs to Fruit Bowl, you can find out more information on their website. The full range of Fruit Bowl products is available to purchase from their online shop.
Win a Fruit Bowl bundle of fruity snacks
Whether you are looking for something different to add to your Easter Egg Hunt this year or are looking to get your bake on in the kitchen with the children, we are lucky enough to have a Fruit Bowl bundle of fruity snacks to giveaway.
PRIZE: Fruit Bowl bundle of fruity snacks
To enter, complete the Gleam widget below, all entries are optional and each one completed will gain you more entries into the random draw.Fruit Bowl Bundle of fruity snacks