When I fell pregnant with Roo, one of my work friends was also expecting her first child. She often talked about her plans for her child and how she was going to bring them up.
One of these plans was to prepare, cook and freeze meals so that she could simply defrost, reheat and serve. When I heard her talk of these plans I thought to myself ‘when will she have time to do that?‘. Needless to say her grand plans faded as the reality of motherhood took hold.
Personally I chose to purchase jars/pouches whilst weaning both Roo and Tigger. Although not the most economical choice, for me the ease and convenience of these products worked for me and my daily juggle with work/childcare.
After my children have finished their main meal I have almost always offered them either a yoghurt or some chopped up fruit as a desert. Occasionally Roo will be offered ice cream or a slice of cake, however I would not think to offer Tigger anything like that yet. Part of me thinks that this is due to his age but then maybe I am trying to keep his future sweet tooth at bay until absolutely necessary.
- How do you shop for kids food?
- What are your priorities?
- What do you worry about?
- What do you look for?
- What are the most important things to you when it comes to kids and nutrition?
- Which brands get it right?
- What do brands do/say that annoy you?
- Where do treats and puddings fit in? What are the challenges there?
- AND….what do your kids say/think?! Do they comment on their diet? Do they ask for certain things? Do they know about nutrition?