After Mr. Boo was made redundant last year we really needed to get a firm grip on our finances. With only my part-time wage coming in until JSA and any redundancy was paid it was tight, very tight if I’m honest.
- Mortgage – Contact for a payment holiday
- Council Tax – Sadly nothing we can do about this cost
- Gas & Electricity – Compare prices and consider switching
- Water – Fixed price no movement
- TV Licence – Life with no TV… erm no
- Food – Switch to cheaper brands, meal planning
- TV package – Remove premium channels
- Broadband – Compare prices and consider switching
- Petrol – Walk more, consider online food shopping
- Magazines, sweet treats, takeaway – Stop until we are in a position to treat ourselves
I have received no financial compensation for this post.