Can you remember what you wanted to be when you were young? I wanted to be midwife, helping bring babies into the world. As I got older I changed my mind and wanted to travel the world with the armed forces, although the love of being a midwife has always kept a place at the back of my mind.
Having children makes you want the best for their future, to open the door to opportunities that myself and Mr Boo might not have had growing up. This being said it is always funny asking Roo or Tigger what they would like to be when they are older. Tigger generally answers the same by wanting to be ‘a really useful engine on the Island of Sodor‘ (bless him).
Roo thoughts about future job opportunities change from day to day, it can be a pop princess one minute just like Katy Perry, to being a teacher, to wanting to save the world.
Blossom Magazine has this week launched a brilliant competition for their readers. The Blossom Magazine #IWantToBe campaign is asking young readers to submit a video entry of what they want to be when they grow up.
Entrants have until 6th September to submit their video to the email address of email@example.com and one winner will be selected to win a VIP London family trip which includes one family ticket to ZSL London with a Meet the Meerkats experience; one Rainforest Café voucher worth £100; overnight accommodation in one family room at 3-star hotel, in Central London and a visit to Blossom HQ plus a Blossom Goody Bag.
I wonder what Roo wants to be today?
Terms and conditions:
Promoter: Immediate Media London Company Limited. You must make sure that we have your entries by 11.59pm, 6th September 2014.
- You can enter if you live in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands, unless someone who lives in your house works for the Immediate Media Company.
- By entering the competition, you promise to us that you have read these rules and that you will follow them.
- We can’t include entries which arrive too late and we can’t accept responsibility if your entry is lost. By entering this competition, parents/guardians grant permission to Immediate Media Company (publishers of Blossom) to post the winner’s video and entrants’ first names in its publications, websites and on its social media sites.
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- One entry per household. We don’t allow bulk entries or entries made by other people on your behalf. We will disqualify all entries which break this rule.
- If you win, you will receive the prize described. We won’t swap the prize for cash. No alternatives or substitutions for any unused elements of the prize. If there’s ever a reason why we can’t give you exactly the same prize, we’ll give you something j ust as good or better instead. Prize is one family ticket to ZSL London valid for 2 adults and 2 children aged 3-16. Children must be at least 5 years of age and be accompanied by an adult for the Meet the Meerkats experience. One Rainforest Café voucher worth £100, see voucher for expiry date and additional T&Cs – includes drinks. Overnight accommodation in one family room at 3-star hotel, in Central London selected by Immediate Media Company. Visit to Blossom HQ includes a Blossom Goody Bag. Travel and other personal expenses are not included. Prize must be redeemed before 31st December 2014.
- Winners will be contacted within 28 days of a competition closing date, either by post, telephone or email.
- If we contact you to tell you you’re a winner, but you don’t reply within a month, we may have to offer the prize to a runner-up or give it away in a future competition. Your details: We will use your name, address and any other details that you give us to run this competition. If you win, we will pass them to the person who’s providing the prize so that they can post it to you, and we may use your first name and county in the magazine or on our website but we won’t provide them to anyone else without your permission. You can find out the winner’s first name and county once the competition is over by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Competition Rules, ATTN: Marketing Assistant, Blossom Magazine, Immediate Media Limited, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you in collaboration with Blossom Magazine