There is a time in most little girls lives when they want to ride off into the sunset on their very own horse. This is just a dream for most of us as owning our very own horse can be very expensive, however the Barbie Saddle ‘N Ride Horse allows little ones to imagine what it would be like to own a horse as well as having the opportunity to have Barbie jump on and ride off into the sunset.
Barbie Saddle ‘N Ride Horse
Ride off on your own adventure with a Barbie Saddle ‘n’ Ride Horse! Watch as Barbie really does ride off on her beautiful brown Tawny horse. Simply clip Barbie’s gloved hand into her horses beautiful mane and push the button on top of the horse’s brow and Barbie will magically lift herself up onto the saddle and the horse walks away on its own! Barbie even comes with her own super safe horse riding helmet!
- Barbie doll complete with pink riding helmet and blue hand brush
- Horse complete with pink reins
- Requires 4x AAA batteries (not included)
- Suitable for ages 3+ years
How to operate Barbie Saddle ‘N Ride Horse
- (Ask an adult) Install the batteries underneath the horse by undoing the screw and pulling out the battery pack, add 4x AAA batteries before adding the battery pack back into the horse (make sure you have lined this up correctly) and secure with the screw.
- Make sure that Barbie has her riding helmet on (safety first)
- Sit Barbie on the horse and click her left hand into the pink rosette
- With her hand still in the rosette holder bring Barbie round to a standing position ensuring that the rosette clicks into place
- Ensure Barbie is standing vertically with her right hand arm raised
- Pressing the button on the horses forehead will start the horse walking and Barbie will jump on and ride. Alternatively you can press the button on the right hand side of the horse’s mane to make Barbie jump on without the horse riding off
- To dismount Barbie from the horse press the rosette and pull Barbie’s hand at the same time
Boo Roo and Tigger Too’s thoughts…
Opening the Barbie Saddle ‘n’ Ride Horse Roo was keen to see how it worked and was busy reading the instructions whilst I went off in search for 4x AAA batteries (never an easy task). After popping in the batteries Roo happily set about figuring out how to attach Barbie to the horse and getting her to mount and dismount.
When I heard that this Barbie Saddle ‘n’ Ride Horse allowed Barbie to mount and ride I have to admit to being a little dubious, however after watching Roo show me how it worked I was quite amazed. The ability to mount Barbie onto the horse in two different ways was good to see, especially as pressing the front button which starts the horse walking as well can happen quite quickly. It was disappointing to see that the horse doesn’t walk very well on carpet and as we have a twist pile carpet rather than a deep pile I thought it would be OK.
I would have liked to have seen an on/off switch on the horse next to the battery compartment as it is easy to catch the front button when playing with the horse causing it to start walking even if you don’t want it to do so.
Price and Availability
Barbie Saddle ‘N Ride Horse is priced at RRP £49.99, currently available for around £38 on Amazon. Also available from Argos, Tesco and all other good toy retailers.
Visit BeSuper.com for exciting videos and activities!