Nothing tastes better than biting into a ripe juicy plum, except perhaps these 20 delicious plum recipes guaranteed to enhance the flavour of this sweet purple fruit. From homemade plum jam to smoothies, from cobblers to cakes, and from pies to even ice cream, you’ll find new ways to enjoy this luscious stone fruit.
Plums work well in sweet as well as savoury dishes. From sweet to tart, put your summer plums to work in streusels, galettes, and compotes. For a savoury twist, try plums in tabbouleh.
These 20 decadent plum recipes are sure to transform your summer bounty into something delicious!
- Plum Cobbler by Simply Recipes – Easy and delicious classic plum cobbler, using Santa Rosa plums, topped with a biscuity cobbler topping.
- Coconut Tapioca Pudding With Maple Roasted Plums by Gourmande In The Kitchen – Maple roasted plums are served with a creamy coconut pudding.
- Spiced Chocolate Plum Smoothie by Unconventional Baker – A flavorful, creamy dairy-free smoothie combining the sweetness of plums with the intensity of cacao and warm spices.
- Plum Pear Galette by Accidental Happy Baker – Flaky pastry crust is filled with juicy pears and plums, then brushed with a red plum and honey glaze.
- Cardamom Spiced Blueberry Plum Crumbles by Fork Knife Swoon – A buttery oat topping, crisp and crumbly, encapsulating a slow-cooked fruit filling beneath, saucy and flavorful, and bubbling up around the edges.
- Late Summer Plum Cake by Once Upon A Chef – Gently spiced, this jammy plum cake celebrates the summer-into-fall season. Serve it as a brunch cake or for dessert topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
- Tahini Oatcakes with Roasted Plum Compote by Earthly Taste – Delicious nutty oatcakes topped with a sweet and tart plum compote!
- Spiced Plum Pie by Hearth And Vine – Spiced plum pie made in a rectangle slab style shape, can be a beautiful rustic looking dessert, that tastes as delicious as it looks.
- Plum Jam Recipe by Natasha’s Kitchen – This recipe is really a cross between plum jam and plum preserves. It still has some of its preserve-like plum chunks, but it’s nice and thick and spreads beautifully.
- Ricotta Cheesecake With Plums by Coley Cooks – It’s light, yet rich, insanely creamy, nestled inside a buttery crust, and topped with juicy plums.
- Pocket Plum Pies by Home Is Where The Boat Is – Simple cream cheese pastry pasties filled with plums.
- Ripe Plum Tabbouleh by Kitchen Konfidence – a Middle Eastern salad with a plum twist.
- Russian Plum Cake by Little Broken – Caramelized sweet plums baked with ground almonds and hazelnuts. Only 7 ingredients! Fairly easy to make and tastes absolutely delish, especially when served hot.
- Plum Fruit Roll-Ups by Live Eat Learn – These homemade Fruit Roll-Ups have just 4 ingredients and require only a blender and an oven.
- Plum Cinnamon Streusel Cake by Elephantastic Vegan – super simple and delicious vegan Plum Cinnamon Streusel Cake and impress your friends/colleagues/family. It’s dairy-free & egg-free.
- Plum Conserve by Flavor The Moments – Plum Conserve is a preserve made from fresh plums, oranges, raisins, and walnuts. Use it to impress guests as an appetizer with a baguette and hard cheese, as a condiment, or simply to spread on toast.
- Plum Bread by Like Mother Like Daughter – sick and tired of banana bread, why not spice things up a little with plum bread.
- Plum Upside Down Cake by Vegging At The Shore – It’s a sweet and delicious summer treat, perfect for BBQ’s and family get-togethers.
- Plum Ice Cream by Cookie Named Desire – A creamy and luscious roasted plum ice cream perfect for those hot summer days when you want something light and refreshing.
- Almond Custard Pie With Plums by Leelalicious – This delicious southern Almond Custard Pie is topped with juicy prune plums. The recipe can easily be adapted to use other (or no) fruit as well.