I’m always in awe of people who manage to meal plan all week. I have great intensions but never seem to last very long into the week. Forgetting to switch the slow cooker on, missing ingredients and a lack of preparation always hampers my success.
Added to the fact that I have to make at least three different evening meals if not four depending on what everyone is wanting can be a nightmare, especially on days when Roo has extra activities on.
So on days that time is pushed Roo and I have come up with her own meal planning menu which she selects her evening meal on before school.
Tonight Mum I’ll have…
Our ‘Tonight Mum I’ll have...’ was so easy to make…
- Simply print off a sheet of A4 paper with the words Tonight Mum I’ll have… on it (or you could draw your own).
- Next we headed over to the Birds Eye website to print off pictures of all her favourite teatime food
- Laminate the A4 and the food pictures
- Add a small square of hook n loop tape to the back of each picture and the corresponding piece onto the Tonight Mum I’ll have… sheet
- Finally place on front of your freezer, held in place with a magnet or two
With the help of the Tonight Mum I’ll have… Roo is able to select what she wants for tea and is able to get the ingredients out of the freezer herself and loaded onto a baking tray ready for me to pop in the oven.
Do your children get involved in meal planning?
Disclosure: This post is an entry for #Afterschoolchefs Linky Challenge, sponsored by Birds Eye. Learn more on the Birds Eye Facebook page.