With the release of Disney’s Teen Beach Movie on the 19th July we were lucky enough to be sent a copy of the soundtrack to review.
“Teen Beach Movie” introduces confident, resilient surfer McKenzie and her carefree boyfriend Brady, a fan of the retro surf musical movie, “Wet Side Story.”
On the morning of McKenzie’s planned departure for boarding school, she and Brady catch one last epic wave which mysteriously carries them right into “Wet Side Story,” circa 1962, where they meet Seacat, Giggles, Rascal and Cheechee, among others. Amidst the spontaneous song and dance, there’s trouble in paradise — it’s bikers versus surfers for control of the local hangout but Mack and Brady unwittingly interfere with the movie’s star-crossed plot, one that would pair a surfer (the teen matinee idol Tanner) and a biker (Lela, the sister of Butchy, the biker gang’s leader).
Typical of the teen beach movie genre, a kooky subplot has mad scientists Les Camembert and Dr. Fusion scheming to alter weather patterns and take over the local hangout and then, the world.
- Oxygen – Maia Mitchell
- Surf crazy – Spencer Lee, Kelly Hawkes and cast
- Crusin’ for a brusin’ – Ross Lynch, Grace Phipps and Jason Evigan
- Falling for ya – Grace Phipps
- Meant to be – Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Grace Phipps, Spencer Lee and Garett Clayton
- Like me – Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Grace Phipps, Spencer Lee and cast
- Meant to be (reprise) – Grace Phipps and Spencer Lee
- Can’t stop singing – Ross Lynch and Maia Mitchell
- Meant to be (Reprise 2) – Ross Lynch and Maia Mitchell
- Surf’s up – Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell and cast
- Coolest cats in town – Spencer Lee, Grace Phipps and Jason Evigan
- Surf crazy finale – Cast
- Crusin’ for a brusin’ (Instrumental Version) – Bonus Track
- Falling for ya (Instrumental Version) – Bonus Track
- Surf’s up (Instrumental Version) – Bonus Track